Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The 2nd edition of Trees of Belize by Kate Harris has just been published.

I haven't seen the 2nd. edition yet, but I thought the first edition was a very handy reference for the traveler or for those with an interest in identifying the most notable trees and shrubs in Belize and the region. Even though Kate Harris has an M.A. from Oxford in forestry and lived in Orange Walk for four years, this is not a book for the professional botanist or other scientist but more for the interested amateur or enthusiast. It has lots of color photos by the author.

It is available at some stores, gift shops and hotels in Belize now, and wider distribution in Belize and online is being arranged.

For more information, you could go to http://www.treesofbelize.com or you can contact The Added Touch (http://www.theaddedtouchbelize.com) in Belize City to get copies.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Trees of Belize

I am excited to inform you of my recently published book - 'Trees of Belize' - which I believe would be of considerable interest to yourself and anyone with an interest in and affection for Belize.

I have an MSc in Forestry from the University of Oxford, and researched and wrote this book during a four year stint of living/working out in Orange Walk in northern Belize. This edition is currently on sale in-country through the Added Touch wholesalers, Belize Zoo, Audubon Society and many other tourist outlets.

However, 'Trees of Belize' is also now available on www.amazon.com ($20.99) and I'd be delighted if you would consider purchasing a copy!

With kind regards,
Kate Harris

Trees of Belize (2013), second edition. Kate L. Harris. Bay Cedar Publishing, Cheltenham UK. 122pp. ISBN: 978-0-9927582-0-2

"With more than 750 native, and not-so-native tree species prevalent throughout the forests, savannas and cayes of Belize, their correct identification can be madly exasperating - each palm virtually indistinguishable from the next. From allspice to ziricote, this book describes seventy of Belize's most significant and more commonly-encountered species - providing the reader with a wealth of information as to their incredible properties, traditional uses, and Mayan folklore. Thoughtfully written and beautifully photographed, Trees of Belize provides an enjoyable insight into the diversity and splendour of Belize's tropical flora. This is a comprehensive and concise guide - and perfect for natural history enthusiasts, tourists, and locals alike."

Is that $ US? Where on Ambergris Caye can I purchase a copy?
Do you discuss/picture lumber?
I just built a house and used at least a dozen different woods. love the look, feel and smell!

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Is that $ US? Where on Ambergris Caye can I purchase a copy?
Do you discuss/picture lumber?
I just built a house and used at least a dozen different woods. love the look, feel and smell!

Harriette, looks like it's only available through Amazon at $20.99 US for paperback.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.