Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Awesome 4.5 minute video�. a nice aerial video on Ambergris Caye� shot with remote control handheld chopper. watch it FULL SCREEN

An Aerial Video of Ambergris Caye, Belize by J. Massey from Bill McDonald on Vimeo.

A really cool video done by J Massey using a DIJ Phantom Quad Copter to capture the beauty and specialness of La Isle Bonita. Once again this year Ambergris Caye has been voted The Best Island in The Caribbean.

C
C
Great video, would love to see one of Caye Caulker like that.

Y
Y
THANK YOU! this was amazing!

B
B
Great Whats that copter cost ?

Originally Posted by BB19
Great Whats that copter cost ?

They run between $500 & $1,000 depending on if they come with the camera or not and the type of camera.......pretty damn cool!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
and some of them have wifi capability (turn OFF your GoPro wifi !!) and can fly themselves "home" via satellite if the batteries go weak or lose communication with the controller as well as maintaining level flight regardless of wind gusts.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
My neighbors have one and it is fun to watch them 'play.' I had trouble getting the video to play but kept at it and saw most of the shots.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

here's another one of these videos by someone else...

Sea2Sky Drone Vision Test Flight: San Pedro, Belize

at Chuck and Robbie's dive shop with the DJI Phantom 2 for BIG SUP Belize dock pre-construction.

Buy one before you have obtain a Federal pilots license... shocked

Buy one before you have obtain a Federal pilots license... shocked

just kidding...but maybe not

and this is why...the third incident in 24 months...I'm not in favor of regulation but seeing as the FAA has prohibited commercial drone flights..it wouldn't surprise me...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...t-drone-over-florida-airport-faa-n101906

Last edited by Bear; 05/09/14 08:26 PM.
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Los Encantos in April, Aerial Views via Phantom 2 Vision

Visit Belize v 1.2 from skycamguatemala on Vimeo.

Visit Belize and Enjoy Glorious Scenery

Francisco Sandoval of the professional aerial video and photography company SkyCam from Guatemala just recently visited Belize with a couple of his remote controlled helicopter drones and compiled this great video of Belize's natural beauty. In the video you can see amazing images of Goff's Caye located offshore Belize City, Cayo Espanto in Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye and of the Maya Temples at Xunantunich, Cayo, Belize. The video is very professionally done and speaks of the great services of SkyCam Guatemala.

Drone Footage, Belize August 2017

Locations: San Pedro, Secret Beach, Belize Barrier Reef

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Fly Fishing in Belize & a Drone

Fun in Belize with a drone, a tarpon on a fly and some dolphins. We are slowly learning Final Cut pro. I highly recommend El Pescador on San Pedro Island.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Video: Victoria House Luxury Beach Resort - Belize

Luxury Beach Resort Victoria House on the Ambergris Caye in Belize. This video shows the wonderful property from the air.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

X'tan Ha Resort

Caye Caulker 2014-2015

New years trip to Caye Caulker, Belize

C
C
lack of judgment operating close to the airstrip, use some common sense!!

C
C
cool pictures though....

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Secret Beach on Ambergris Bay Belize

This video shows drone footage of the Secret Beach area on the island of Ambergris Caye Belize.

Ambergris Caye Secret Beach

This drone video shows where the main east / west connection road dead ends at Secret Beach, Ambergris Bay.

Mosquito Coast, Ambergris Caye, Belize

Little video of my neighbourhood and dock

It's not much of a secret how much Susan and I love our annual week in San Pedro Town, on Ambergris Caye in Belize. This short, seven-minute video gives you a beautiful aerial view of the island. (I've made both a seven-minute and an 18-minute version of the video, so if the short one interests you, you might want to check out the longer version for more footage.)

We like to stay at the Blue Tang Inn on the beach in the middle of San Pedro Town, which conveniently has a rooftop deck. The deck served as my Phantom 4's "heliport."

One of the great things about San Pedro, at least for divers, is how close the reefs are to the shore. You'll see this at the very beginning of the movie. Unlike Cozumel, for instance (which really is on the same extended reef system), the diving areas can be accessed in just a few minutes. In San Pedro, I can easily conclude two dives by 12:30 p.m. or so, leaving me the rest of the afternoon and evening to enjoy this wonderful little town with Susan.

The video highlights a few of Susan's and my favorite places, and don't be expecting any chain restaurants in San Pedro Town! Additionally, on some of the "over the city" footage, you'll get a feel for the "Front Street," "Middle Street," and "Back Street" layout of the small town's streets.

One thing the video does not reveal is the extreme warmth and friendliness of the local residents. San Pedro Town remains largely natural and unruined, and reminds Susan and me of the very early days of Cancun, when the wonderful attributes of the Mayan culture were still prevalent.

Marty, thank you for posting this latest video..... Mr. Matt did a great job in creating it.... We live in the Coffee/Tan buildings to the right and the restaurant is nestled in the mangrove back with the brown tile roof... We look forward to returning friends and new visitors soon to be friends this coming season.... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Judyann,

Matt told me he'll do a fly through of Black Orchid's kitchen on a busy night if you'd like! wink

Bear, what a great idea? I think? Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon in our kitchen.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Originally Posted by Judyann H.
Bear, what a great idea? I think? Hopefully we'll be seeing you soon in our kitchen.....

Yay! Can I be guest prep cook? (I won't say "Chef" because honestly I haven't paid anywhere near the dues required for that title...(If you know what I mean by that Chef...)

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Dusk falls in San Pedro

Footage taken from DJI Phantom 3 Advanced as the sun goes down in San Pedro Town, Belize. The Phantom is launched and recovered at Ramon's Village Resort in San Pedro and it takes a swivelling aerial view of nearby San Pedro Town.

P
P
Wow..very good! My son is doing this about San Pedro..please share and give him a like!! Sorry his comments in the video is in German, but I hope he will change it soon! Wonderful place here in San Pedro!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize 4K Drone Footage 2016

See San Pedro Town, Belize in true 4k video. This low elevation drone footage will show you views of San Pedro that only the birds have enjoyed. Admire the beautiful, blue, Caribbean waters as you fly over white sandy beaches and into the streets of downtown.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Aerial Tour of San Pedro, Belize including Boca Del Rio Area - True 4K Drone Footage 2016

See San Pedro Town in true high definition. DJI Inspire 4K drone footage on Ambergris Caye, Belize captured on a gorgeous sunny day. Amazing natural beauty and stunning clarity. Belize's #1 island in all it's glory.

The Beautiful West Side of Ambergris Caye, Belize from the water and the air 2015

See the pristine, undeveloped beauty of the West side of Ambergris Caye, Belize. Private, white sandy beaches and crystal clear blue waters. Shot in stunning HD video with true 4K HD drone footage.

Birds Eye View of Boca Del Rio area of San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize

Amazing drone footage of the Boca Del Rio area on Ambergris Caye. "The Cut" divides the North from the South end of the island and is at the Northern edge of San Pedro Town. Amazing 4k video footage of the sandy white beaches and crystal blue Caribbean water surrounding " the worlds best island".

Shark Ray Alley from a drone - Barefoot Drifter

A Jaws-some view from a drone of Shark Ray Alley near the Hol Chan Marine Reserve in Belize! by Barefoot Drifter

P
P
Hello hera are some new videos from San Pedro of my son..I am proud of him! Please subscribe his channel...thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAD-Y5MgFqSDtVk2X6vP5-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUEowxssls

P
P

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Kelly McGuire at The Palapa Bar in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

Kelly McGuire at the Palapa Bar in San Pedro Ambergris Caye Belize singing Boat in Belize, Drone video by Rus Records with owners of the Palapa Bar Scott and Jodie Harnish Feb 2016

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Phantom 3 Drone

A little bit of our trip - from the sky Blue Tang Inn San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Rocky Point Aerial View

A Birdseye view of Rocky Point, North Ambergris Caye, Belize

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Drone over Ambergris Caye, Belize

This is what happens when you fly a drone over Belize's San Pedro.
by Oyster.com

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

SAN PEDRO, Belize (aerial)(long) - December, 2016

Aerial Perspectives of Ambergris Caye Belize: Drones

Aerial views of some of the surrounding areas of the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Spindrift Hotel

Welcome to Belize's Spindrift Hotel located in San Pedro , on the island of Ambergris Caye Belize ! Located in the center of town, your perfect place to stay! The Hotel is on the beach and for your ease it has a restaurant, ( Caliente) , a bar ( Wahoo's ), a Golf Cart Rental ( J&H ) and a Real Estate office with Buyers Agents ( Keller Williams Belize agents ( RainforestRealty.com/ Front Street Properties). The Spindrift Hotel offers reasonable room rates, outstanding staff, security, laundry service, kitchenettes and a dock where you can rent wave runners, and book your snorkeling or diving in Belize tour !

Visiting Belize is made easy staying at the Spindrift Hotel! You will feel like you are HOME !! Don't miss stopping next door to Estel's on the Beach for Breakfast and Lunch ! You will be GLAD you did ! Say Hi to Charles for me !!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
AMBERGRIS CAYE /// SAN PEDRO, BELIZE

Island Tackle Bar & Grill

Tranquility Bay

S
S
Fun fact. Drones, UAV's or whatever you prefer to call them are currently banned for importation into Belize. I spoke to two separate individuals at Civil Aviation and both told me the same thing. The Minister of Aviation is currently reviewing this ruling. Just a word of caution if you are thinking about bringing one with you on vacation. Best case scenario it will be held at customs for the duration of your trip. Worst case if you are caught flying without proper documentation you will probably never see it again.

Belize Drone Requirements & Authorization

International Travelers to Belize:

Kindly note that Belize is currently only accepting applications for authorization to operate drones from international drone operators/travelers to Belize who have been commissioned for works/services for an approved local business/organization in Belize.

Drone operators providing services in Belize will need to meet the following process and application requirements prior to entering Belize (with their drone device/s):

A letter of request/intent shall be submitted to the Director of Civil Aviation (stating the purpose of the works and services being provided by the drone operator/s) from the said business/organization who has commissioned these services in Belize; this must be emailed to the Department of Civil Aviation at the address [email protected] and [email protected]. This letter must state arrival date of drone operator/s and location/s of drone operations to be conducted by the drone operator/s in Belize. Additionally, the following shall be submitted:
A copy of drone operator/s identification card (a government issued ID card i.e. passport etc. from the applicant's country or residency).
A letter of approval for works by the Belize Film Commission.
A completed copy of the Drone Application Form which may be retrieved from the Belize Department of Civil Aviation website: www.civilaviation.gov.bz
The Department of Civil Aviation will analyze the request and as necessary, coordinate with the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) for the issue of the authorization to operate drones to the applicant.
The operator/s will then need to visit the Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) office on the first floor of Philip Goldson International Airport to pay a $30.00 BZE Currency fee for the PERMIT and AUTHORIZATION LETTER by the Department of Civil Aviation located on the compound of the Philip Goldson International Airport.
Drone operator/s will need to take this receipt to the Department of Civil Aviation where the drone operator/s will receive the Authorization Letter and Permit for entrance and operations in Belize.
(The Government of Belize currently prohibits the temporary importation of drones by for recreational/personal usage. The Government of Belize is currently developing requirements and regulations for recreational drone travelers to Belize. This process will allow all travelers to Belize to operate their devices after meeting the necessary requirements under the Laws of Belize.)

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

You have to see San Pedro, Belize from Above!

We spent a week learning how to scuba dive in Belize. We also had our DJI Mavic Pro with us the whole time. From the ground this is a flat island so you have to get in the air and see this island from above.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

SAN PEDRO, Ambergris Caye, Belize (aerial) - December, 2017

This aerial video features views of San Pedro's coastline, from the airport north to the Boca Rio, as well as a "flight" down Front Street.

As has become our annual custom, Susan and I again visited San Pedro in early December of 2017. I was fortunate to receive another special permit to use my DJI Phantom 4 for aerial photography. It was a windy trip, so I didn't get the drone into the air as often as I would have preferred.

On this video, I focused on San Pedro's coastline, particularly from out over the ocean facing the buildings on the beach.

I also wanted to try to capture the magic of Front Street. (It wasn't easy keeping the drone low and steady over Front Street, while dodging the telephone and electric lines criss-crossing the street!)

I hope the video imparts a sense of how truly special is this still mostly-unspoiled little town. Enjoy.

This is a super video. Sometimes when we live in the hustle and bustle of San Pedro it is easy to forget how magical our home town truly is.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Cayo Espanto Belize

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
This is a quick tour from the Dock at Ramon's Village in San Pedro, Belize to the Meso American Reef.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Secret Beach Belize - Drone Video on a Sunny Afternoon

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Secret Beach

Drone footage of the popular Secret Beach on San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Belize.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Ambergris Caye, Belize from above in the clouds
Experience what the entire Ambergris Caye, and San Pedro, Belize looks like from way up in the sky above. Experience what it looks like to the Seagulls and marvel at the greatness of the Caribbean Sea, as boats venture out to fish, snorkel, and Scuba Dive.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Caye Caulker/San Pedro/ Drone footage / December 27/2021

Fly Over of Secret Beach Belize
So here we have a nice fly over of Ambergris Caye, and I'm going to show you secret beach. As of right now, we're looking north towards the top of the island and that Breakwater to your right is the barrier reef. And so now we're going across the island from east to west, and they're in the middle of the screen. You can see the secret beach area that's been developed. And, I try to zoom in and show you a bunch of the houses that have been put up and then right as I do some clouds rolling. So I apologize for the obstruction, but if we hang tight for one second, we will come out on the other side of secret beach and you'll still be able to get some great views.

So hang tight and it comes back into focus.
We're now past the Palmaya woods and Grand Belizean Estates area. And we're now closer to the water. This access road that runs north and south here, is part of a big new development, specifically right there where that square is in the middle of your screen is a beautiful brand new development that's going in. I believe it's called west Caye and lots in there I think are starting at like $40,000 and a really nice lots in there. Big lots. There's looking north on the west side of the island from secret beach and all the way down and there's, you can see the waterfront is really starting to get developed.

C
C
Really cool. We'll be back in February and the hotel we love is Sunbreeze where the initial pic is. Making me anxious!!!

Scott
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.