Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#490789 05/12/14 06:14 AM
D
DogLady Offline OP
OP Offline
D
On the satellite we see a couple of structures in the Palm Bay Club area at the north end of the island. Can anyone tell me what is up there, who owns those houses, and maybe put me in contact with someone there. We would like to go to the north end and spend a couple of days to see some property at what use to be called Palm Bay Club.

Thanks in advance. All the bests.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
I don't think there is anyway to stay at the Palm Bay Club but you could stay at Tranquility Bay Resort. I drove up there yesterday and will post a report on my adventure later today. Tranquility Bay is just lovely - too bad I didn't take some pictures of it but they have a nice web site.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Do not go anywhere near Palm Bay Club without a tour guide, and then only during daylight hours. Period, full stop.

Tranquility is wonderful - book it!

Hmmm...don't believe I've seen Diane so emphatic about a location to avoid...ergo..."Listen Up!" and Tranq Beach? is all that it can be...Army strong as far as a recommendation goes...

Geo

Tranquility Bay is a great place and I understand Diane's concern about going more North alone but the situation has changed recently and is monitored for bad guys more closely.
I wouldn't hesitate to visit and stroll the beach alone but if you asked me that question last month I would caution you about a drug traffickers rendezvous point you wouldn't want to accidentally stumble into.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't the drug problem more on the western side of the island instead of the narrow stretch on the reef side?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
You are wrong, the drug problems are in a few small areas on the east and west coasts. But if you leave the drug smugglers alone they leave you alone. And the BDF etc do regular sweeps to try and keep it all at bay as best they can.

Last edited by Amanda Syme; 05/14/14 10:52 AM. Reason: changed generalization

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.