Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Xanadu is where we stay in January. It has a smaller number of fully furnished two bedroom/two bath/kitchen suites with living and eating area. The grounds are so beautiful. So many different kinds of plants! The staff is wonderful. Walking distance to grocery store and "The Bakery." Check out their website. Can't wait to get back!

P
P
Have a look at Homes and Villas section in Lodging (button at bottom of this page) for Vacation Rentals too.

J
J
I was a huge fan of Paradise Villas. The condos are managed by different groups - the ones I stayed in were ocean front and rented through Tradewinds.

Fantastic location (it's right next to Blue Tang), very friendly management and housekeeping staff. Very thorough security =)

http://www.tradewindsparadisevillas.com/

I found them through VRBO.

* 1BR place with sleeping for up to 6.
* full kitchen
* pool and plenty of lounge chairs

Not rude to ask about a different amount, however I've only done that when staying longer than 1 week.
Beach swimming is not possible. DOCK swimming is however, and there is one right in front of Paradise Villas. Still lots of seaweed close to shore
The water is drinkable/safe, but had an odd taste. We stuck to bottled or filtered water.

Never flew out of the municipal airport. Only taken Tropic Air from BZE or the water taxi.

We'll be back for our third trip in less than 2 weeks. =) We're staying at Oasis Del Caribe this time - which also looks great but I can't give a review til after we've stayed =)

D
D
We've stayed at the Blue Tang many times. It started several years ago when we found a coupon for a discounted room. Each time we returned and told them what we had paid the year before, they honored the coupon-- even though we never took another one in. Keep in mind that we travel in the off season and some years we have been there multiple times.

The housekeeping staff and the maintenance guy are incredibly nice and treated us very well. The desk staff... not so much. Different people sometimes, same crappy attitude toward "tourist". We made the mistake of leaving our sandy shoes outside the door... they took a walk without us. Our fault; live and learn.
But the room is very nice and having a kitchenette is great if you are staying several days.

The last time we were in the prices were raised closer to what they should have been for that time of year. But my cheapskate husband thought it was still a pretty good value considering he wasn't going to have to buy restaurant food two or three times a day. And like most others there, they will pick you up at the airport and save you the trouble of dragging bags.

Nice place overall, you should check it out.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
T
t42 Offline
T
Blue Tang is nice but I prefer Paradise Villas, the rates are better, the pool is a lot bigger and the grounds are very pretty and private. Mayan Princess is also great value but no pool.

E
eldaveo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Great help from everyone. We think this will be a great trip. The Jamaicans are extremely friendly and we hope to make new friends in San Pedro. I'm still not dialed in on a room yet. I need to check rates at your suggested resorts. Hoping to get two bedrooms with kitchen for about 160-200 a night.Prefer beach front. Thanks for all your info

A
A
Originally Posted by eldaveo
My wife and I have spent many trips at Negril Ja. We love snorkeling and want a better experience. We are looking to stay in or near town. A kitchen in a room near or on the beach would be great. We don't mind paying a higher rate but obviously, saving money on lodging free's up dollars for other activities.What would be some good choices for lodging? Is it rude to ask owners if they would accept a different amount? Is beach swimming a impossibility with all the beach grass? Will the drinking water be safe to drink or where wont it be safe? Is it worth the hassle of hauling our bags to the muni airport to get a cheaper hop to San Pedro?

1. A kitchen and room near the beach=easy
2. Saving money on lodging, many suggestions are spot on but your requirement of two bedrooms with your other "close to town amenities" may limit choices ... but they do exist.
3. Beach swimming is NOT impossible. The sea grasses are visible from the surface of the water and there are a number of "cuts" in the reef allowing wave action necessary for sandy areas to occur.
4. Asking for a discount is not rude, but depending on the ownership type of your selected property, may not be negotiable.
5. Water is fine at most resorts (ie: safe to drink) however, you might prefer bottled for the taste.
6. I never considered the savings of flying out of the Municipal airport to be worth the taxi ride and time spent. I fly to the island directly from International.

25 trips and counting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.