Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you. I really appreciate it. Goodnight :-)

I know the house, I know the man. He's worth every penny.
I'd suggest that any new resident not make major changes on anything right off - best to settle in and see how things work before you adjust them.

P
P
If this is who I think it is, he worked for me for a few years and is lovely, honest, hard working, honest, and a total home body. There is also a long line of people waiting for your decision.

I know people from the US like to play their cards close to their vest but end up paying dearly for it. There are not a lot of secrets on the island and you may be the only one who is not in the know. You have not said what property you bought nor who the caretaker is. I have watched other gringos be totally shocked when they find out there little enterprise was known to everyone except them - then they were surprised when they learned the hard way.
Your place is going to be vacant.
Security is esential.
Your grounds will need to be tended on a very regular basis or it will quickly be overgrown.
The plants will need watered - sometimes even in the rainy season.
Repairs will need to be made after every storm.
If you have beach front it will need raked not only for appearance sake but to keep down the sand flies.
Remember - you get what you pay for.
Like was said above - have a sit down - listen - and keep everything pretty much the same for at least six months.

In the meantime read "Don't Stop The Carnival" and between belly laughs pay close attention to the reality.
I live here and I love it and would not live without a caretaker - and get a dog.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
G
OP Offline
G
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. We are keeping everything as is. He knows every inch of the property and I like that he has such a good reputation.
Maybe we will be known as those "crazy gringos" who had so many questions and had no idea what they were getting into... ;-) heart

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.