Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
G
I'm not being contradictory. I'm also not interested in developing a property. I've already done that and I stated where. Why bring the Town Board into this? They do as they please, as well. The point is, this development will change the neighborhood and not for the better. It will provide a few jobs in the long run, but they could be provided by building villas like the existing ones. It's just more profitable to build a big box and fill it full of cubicles. There is a ton of outrage for developing Long Caye and that Azul Group. This is the same thing on a much smaller scale. Sorry you don't see it that way.

You are contradictory. I won't continue to argue that point, it is obvious on its face in your posts here.

Everyone has an opinion as to the outcome of just about anything. Businesses operate on profit; tourism benefits from profit... We'll have to agree to disagree otherwise. I know the owners/investors of CVH are responsible, community minded folks as far as business and tourism goes. They've been in SP a long time and have solid roots there and their commercial successes speak to that. Personalities aside, I hope you and CVH can end up being good neighbors in the long run.

G
G
Go for the last word, ILB. You won't identify yourself in your profile, like a lot of detractors here. Just go for it. We know who you are. I've been visiting longer than you. I stayed every year at CV for Christmas and many times during Tarpon season. I stayed there monthly while building my house for two years. I know all of the owners. I'm sure the Lala's are sad about this turn, but they started it in motion. It was a special place because it had a very special sensibility. Things change. But the new owner isn't known for his thoughtful development. What exactly are you defending. I think you are just trying to make me look contentious, but really, you have said nothing.

Gwen A. "Chris, you are one of the ones in cahoots!"

What an idiotic statement, I have no personal or financial interest in Caribbean Villas. Once in a blue moon I might visit for a snack and a drink. I was last at the bar there about 3 months ago for a friend's wedding reception. Sorry I didn't pop by to let you know I'd be having a couple of drinks there.

You're just another selfish NIMBY whose interests are purely personal in this matter. Furthermore, comparing this to the Lighthouse Reef controversy as a way to bolster your whining is just sad.

I repeat, you should have bought Caribbean Villas if you wanted it to be run your way.

GwenA, many here do know who I am. I don't think you do LOL. I lived in SP well over a decade before you set foot there. No need to get silly about things.

G
G
Chris, there is a difference between having financial involvement (which I never said you did), and who are your cronies. And ILB, you don't know when I set foot there. And this isn't whining. What is, is what is. I just hope the people that are planning to move to San Pedro, tomorrow, next week, or in the Fall, see what they don't suspect, will happen here when they build their nice little house in a nice little neighborhood.

zzzzzzzzzz GwenA your whining is tiring. Adjust or move back to a Gated Community in Ordinanceville, USA.

"Cronies." The World According To Gwen A. One now has to get her to approve of one's friends. Maybe I should apply in writing to her.

And, yes, you ARE whining, Gwen A, just own it.

G
G
I think you have done an effective job of identifying yourselves by how you have approached this argument. Enjoy your world.

G
G
Oh by the way, it should be interesting as to who responded to this supposed whining. You folks that plan to move to Ambergris Caye, please make sure you take note of this thread. We bought our lot in 2005 from two nice ladies from the Garden District in New Orleans, on a suggestion from Wil Lala. He owned Caribbean Villas, at the time. We stayed there since 1995 or 6. So he was a friend, but has nothing to do with Pedro. These things unfold. A property next door to you gets sold, it gets sold again. This is life. But Chris and "I love Belize", responding to this thread, over and over, and nobody else, tells you something. There are a bunch of so called developers, you will not know who they are. You quietly build your little retirement, or whatever house. The Tabony's who own the lot next door to us are nasty as Hell. We asked them to not dump junk or what they called fill on their lot. They played the same game as Chris (Pelican Properties). They said buy the lot, then you can determine what happens to the lot next door to you. They also said, "If we build on that lot you will hate what you have next door to you!" They are from New Orleans.
This is the mentality, either short term, or long term of your neighbors, or developers, on Ambergris Caye. This isn't whining.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.