Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PDS Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Everyone,

I need US Notary ASAP. I called Embassy and they say "there is no open date for August"
I have no idea what they are getting paid for and what the heck they are doing all day.
So i need to go to Mexico or somewhere. Anybody has experience? Or any other way?
Thanks a lot

Are you on the island? We can arrange for a US notary at our office in San Pedro Town.

P
PDS Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Amanda,
I just talked with Escrow Company. California doesn't accept any notary besides Embassy.
thanks anyway

Originally Posted by PDS
Hi Amanda,
I just talked with Escrow Company. California doesn't accept any notary besides Embassy.
thanks anyway

Typical left coast crap!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
P
P
They charge US$50 per signature from memory too.

P
PDS Offline OP
OP Offline
P
OK, Problem solved. I just want to share with everyone. You might need one day:

8/5 morning We called them and asked an appointment. They said appointments made by online only.
We checked their website and it showed all August is full. (they do notary only on Wednesdays)
We called them again and asked "really?" Of course no body explains how come they are full for notary service which is takes only 5-10 minutes. Or if they are this much busy, why only one day in a week?
(Mexico Embassy has every day)

8/5 afternoon: Before we purchase our tickets to Cancun (there is a consular agency)i just want to check one more time Belmapon's website. Guess what? All Wednesdays were open (for 2-3 people each day)

So, don't give up! Bother them.
Cheers everyone,

P
P
Fee?

R
R
Mind you I'm not telling anyone to do this but: Last winter I had a closing to do in the USA from Belize. I did not tell any of the principals that I was in Belize. One form had to be notarized, so I had a friend in San Pedro notarize it. I believe she is from Montana. The form was scanned and sent in with the rest of the paper work and the closing went through without a hitch.

Technically not legal but........ how do they know where you are when you are communicating by phone or email?

ps My wife is a notary and has done a few. We know the people and they have not mentioned having problems with it.

Last edited by ragman; 08/06/14 02:38 PM. Reason: ps

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
P
PDS Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Phil,
I will tell you the fee when i go there. But so far because they gave us appointment by 8am, we need to go there one night before so stay in a hotel. So already there is an expense.
Regman, you are smart. i wish my escrow guys didn't know i am in overseas.

From Travel.State.Gov

Effective July 13, 2010 there is a $50.00 fee for each notarial service. Also effective July 13, 2010, there is a $50.00 fee for each authentication service provided by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. Fees may be paid in cash or by certified check or money order. No personal checks are accepted. Certified checks or money orders should be made payable to the American Embassy or Consulate. (For example, American Embassy Kingston.)

Dennis

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.