Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
U
usbac Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Hello,

We visit Belize (Ambergris Caye) fairly regularly. We have a condo on the south end of town.

We will be coming down for a visit late this fall, and as part of the visit, I need to take a trip to the mainland to do some sound recordings of the jungle for an animated film project I'm working on. I will need several hours of "clean" audio (no cars or trucks driving by, and no Caravans flying over).

Anyone have suggestions on how best to accomplish this? Maybe a reputable guide that I can trust? I really don't want to go somewhere remote with someone I haven't checked out.

There are some so called eco-resorts on the mainland. We have thought about booking a night or two at one of these places, but I don't really know much about any of them?

I'm just looking for ideas?

Bruce

A
A
If you are looking for safe and isolated environment check out the Hidden Valley Inn in Cayo District. We stayed there in April and were very impressed.

L
L
Banana Bank. John and Carolyn Carr have lived in Belize for many years and are wonderful people.

There are a lot of them and really good ones but deep jungle and most pristine is Chan Chic at Gallon Jug.
Of my many visits the sounds are what I remember the most.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
N
N
I second Elbert's vote for Chan Chich!

U
usbac Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Elbert's suggestion looks great, but call me cheap, I'm really not interested in spending US$2000+ to get a couple hours of sound for a hobby project.

I really don't need a couple of nights at a luxury resort, I need a couple of hours of audio.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I have a cd of Marcel Marceau's Greatest Hits

M
M
You might consider La Milpa which is about 30 miles from Chan Chich. Lot of birding groups go there and it's not touristy. Check out "Programme for Belize" on the web.

M
M
Looks really nice, MikeCaroleinKC. Haven't been there yet (had not heard of it either), but we'll for sure be checking it out now!
http://www.pfbelize.org/tourism/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.