Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#495499 09/08/14 10:40 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Where is the closest port used by cruise ships? Has anyone sailed from Corpus Cristi to San Pedro?
How far are some of the other islands in the Caribbean by yacht? Does the San Pedro harbor allow live aboard? What is their largest berth? Where can I find local boats for sale?

Belize City.A tiny bit of research by a "yachtsman" will tell you that the depth inside the reef is insufficient for the draft of almost any large boat.Any island in particular? I would recommend Google or perhaps a chart or two.Sorry for the tone but it seems you have done absolutely no research whatsoever...

S
S
There is no San Pedro Harbour. Yes you can live aboard at anchor as long as you have paid your cruising fees to the Port Authority. There are no berths available on San Pedro. Anything with a draft of over 5'5" is a pain to move around inside the reef. There are very few larger boats for sale in Belize and you need to be on the ground to find them. I can put you in touch with the owners of a Mason 43 ketch if you're looking for something along those lines.

J
OP Offline
J
I think I'd feel most comfortable on the open water with a BOSTON WHALER. Ideally, a newer rampage over 30 feet... And yes. Thanks Simon. I'll take a look when I fly down there if it.is still for sale.

Hey I get its cool to live aboard at anchor if you pay a cruising fee but it would be ideal to have a pier to tie to, Maybe a little cabana on the beach to chill. Other than ambergris and Caulker where are the expats living?

Jeffrey C. Maffly, M.Ed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.