Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cm815 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just before midnight our neighbors Doug and Gail Neal were viciously attacked in their own home by a man wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. He is also sporting some wounds of his own today. Doug fought the guy and his upstairs neighbor, Tom, stormed in to help and was himself stabbed three times. Doug had a head wound but was in good enough spirits to say, "I've been in worse bar fights," as they all left for the Polyclinic. Gail was badly shaken but able to organize the hospital run and a guard for their home (thanks, Randy). I called police when I first heard the clamor at midnight, unsure at first of where it was coming from. Police arrived at 12:20 am and several returned around 3 am to survey and photograph the scene. Our neighbors are kind and giving people. Doug brought us over PVC pipes to secure our sliding glass doors when we first moved in. He cautioned us about our own security here -- many brazen break-ins lately. None violent, until now. I saw the man jump from their balcony and run south along the shore and later saw how much blood he left behind. That's all I will say on that.

Facebook

==============================

Home invasion in San Pedro town terrifies American retirees

A home invasion in San Pedro town has left a retired American couple and their neighbour injured.

Around 12:10 am today Douglas Kelly, 68 and his wife Gail Neal, 65, were accosted inside their apartment Tres Cocos area of San Pedro Town by a tall, dark skin man.

The intruder, according to police carried a knife and after gaining entry to the building, inflicted cut wounds to Kelly and Neal.

A neighbour, Thomas Fiorille, 40, heard the commotion and came over to investigate.

That was when he too was attacked and also suffered cut wounds.

After a brief struggle, during which the intruder was reportedly injured in the head, the attacker made good his escape. Initial police report says that nothing was reported stolen.

Authorities say that Douglas Kelly received a cut wound to the wrist, hand, stomach and head. His wife Gail Neal suffered cut wounds over left eye and mouth and Thomas Fiorille had a cut wound to the chest and wrist.

Police describe the attacker as being between 18 and 20 years old; stands 6 feet tall, slim built, has short curly hair and weighs about 150 pounds.

Police say the suspect has a vertical scar on the chest/sternum and, as reported by his victims, may have been injured in the head during the early morning attack.

Anyone with information that could lead to the apprehension of this criminal is asked to call the San Pedro police at telephone numbers 206-2022 or 206-2274.

Patrick Jones

T
T
everyone please take extra care! this is an aweful occurance and no one would like to hearabout another. 2 weeks,2 robberies. I feel I was lucky in not facing my perp. we live here to enjoy nature in all it's beauty, but now is the time to lock yourself up, sleep with your machet and phone nearby. i hate that this is what our beautiful island is becoming.

Just before midnight our neighbors Doug and Gail Neal were viciously attacked in their own home by a man wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. He is also sporting some wounds of his own today. Doug fought the guy and his upstairs neighbor, Tom, stormed in to help and was himself stabbed three times.

Doug had a head wound but was in good enough spirits to say, "I've been in worse bar fights," as they all left for the Polyclinic. Gail was badly shaken but able to organize the hospital run and a guard for their home (thanks, Randy). I called police when I first heard the clamor at midnight, unsure at first of where it was coming from. Police arrived at 12:20 am and several returned around 3 am to survey and photograph the scene.

Our neighbors are kind and giving people. Doug brought us over PVC pipes to secure our sliding glass doors when we first moved in. He cautioned us about our own security here -- many brazen break-ins lately. None violent, until now. I saw the man jump from their balcony and run south along the shore and later saw how much blood he left behind.

Facebook

Terrible news, glad everyone is ok, hope they catch the ba*****d.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.

One detained for violent in home invasion in San Pedro

San Pedro Police have detained one man after a violent home invasion in the Tres Cocos Area of San Pedro Town. The department told the Reporter on Saturday that due to protocol, the person's name will not be released until he has been formally charged.

Reports are that officers visited the Cloister's apartment building yesterday where they saw 68-year-old Douglas Kelly, his wife 65-year-old Gail Neal, and 40-year-old Thomas Fiorille, all American citizens, suffering from cut wounds.

Investigations revealed that Kelly and Neal were in their living room when they heard a noise coming from their front veranda. When Kelly went to investigate a tall, dark-skinned man attacked him. His wife was injured as she tried to assist him in the struggle.

Hearing the commotion, Thomas Fiorille went to investigate and he ended up being injured as well.

Kelly had wounds to the wrist, hand, stomach and head, while Neal had cut wounds over the left eye and mouth. Fiorille had a cut wound to the chest and wrist.

The assailant managed to escape, but failed to take anything from the house.

The Reporter

Florentino Velasquez charged for Aggravated Burglary

San Pedro Police have arrested, charged and remanded Florentino Velasquez for the crime of Aggravated Burglary. The incident occurred in the early hours of Friday, September 12th when Velasquez broke into an apartment in the Tres Cocos Area and wounded three persons.

Police conducted several searches in the San Mateo and Boca del Rio Area, where they received information on Velasquez's whereabouts. Police officially arrested and charged Velasquez on Monday, September 15th. He has since been remanded to the Belize Central Prison.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see photos in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.