Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#49683 03/29/02 04:10 PM
S
S
Coral Bay is very nice and a good value. The beach yard is impressive.

You'll be left to fend on your own compared to larger places. They have people taking care of the yard, placing the padding on the lawn chairs and hanging the hammocks etc (try the hammocks!). There is always someone around and they have a live in manager you can seek out if you need to.

I do not recommend swimming there. Too shallow, soft bottomed and there are many old ugly conch shells and coral out there that left me with quite a cut.

Nice location except for the commercial barge landing that really did not make noise enough to bother us. However, one day a tug sat and idled for about 6 hours and either leaked oil or had contaminated bilge. The smell of virtually crude oil beading up in the water combined with the exhaust fumes was really bad. However, that was one incident for under a half day.

Met the owner of Caribbean Villas, next door, very nice looking place and he was very nice.

#49684 03/31/02 06:18 PM
S
S
Stayed there in December and Coral Bay was GREAT!

#49685 04/05/02 11:41 AM
CCR,
Our friends thank you for the 4 Belikins. In addition, our heartfelt thanks goes out to the extraordinarily act of kindness from those who left us a full,unopened bottle of very good vodka in #1.

E&T: You'll be happy to know that the fish cookout was held in #3. (Sorry, Ruth). Ernie passed on the blue present y'all left for me, and as a final note...for some reason my coffee tasted a whole better at home this morning.

BTW, for any of you who care about such things, 11 days without a single drop of rain. It got to be a bit tedious spending all that time looking for a cloud. Absolutely a first. #2: There is a lot of local discussion about the BZ dollar, and almost certain de-valuation. My advice, plan your expenditures so that you have a minimum of them when you leave. We did it this trip. For the first time in ten years I felt some concern about returning with large amounts of BZ cash.

#49686 04/05/02 02:05 PM
B
B
I'm leaving early tomorrow for my first trip to AC/Coral Bay Villas. So what did you leave for me in the refrigerator?
Any last words of wisdom?

#49687 04/05/02 03:00 PM
C
CCR Offline
C
Beachgirl - have a great time! Rent a golf cart and explore the town/island. Ask Edwin to call Alfonse to snorkel Hol Chan and Shark-Ray alley (bring an underwater camera. We rented a professional one at Blue Hole for $20 US, but the ones from my disposable turned out great too.) Alfonse is the BEST and I have an awesome picture of my boyfriend and I HOLDING sharks and rays! Eat, drink and be merry!! Don't forget your sunblock and bug spray. Oh and maybe swing by Chicago and pick me up on your way??? Hehehe! Have a wonderful time!!!
Cindy

#49688 04/05/02 10:09 PM
choochoo! you were missed. i'm sure you missed us too!! (yer welcome) LOL!

#49689 04/05/02 11:38 PM
E
E&T Offline
E
Welcome home ChooChoo. Hope it was a wonderful week for you. Waiting to hear all about it and then the truth from some unbiased witnesses. We were jealous the whole time you were there.
Thanks again to the whole group. Hope it was everything they hoped for. Looking forward to the trip report

#49690 04/06/02 04:05 PM
E&T,

There were no witnesses. Only co-conspirators, besides, as you are surely well aware by now, I've never let the facts get in the way of a good story

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.