Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: October 23, 2014

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Very moist and unstable conditions exist.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Mostly cloudy skies with generally isolated showers and thunderstorms this morning; showers, periods of rain and thunderstorms will increase over the north and inland areas this afternoon, then over most areas tonight.
Winds: West to southwest 5-10 knots.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: W/SW 5-10 ks.; seas: Slight - light chop.; waves: <3ft.; generally isolated showers and thunderstorms.
Tomorrow: Winds: W/NW 5-15 kt.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4ft,; some showers, periods of rain and a few thunderstorms.
Marine Outlook: Friday night:- winds: W/NW 10-20 kt.; seas: Choppy- moderate.; waves: 3-5 ft.; some showers, periods of rain and isolated thunderstorms.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 85
General Outlook: (Friday & Friday night) Cloudy with some outbreaks of showers, periods of rain and thunderstorms over most areas.

Tropical Weather Outlook: Tropical cyclone formation is not expected in the North Atlantic, Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, during the next 48 hours.
Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 32° C
90° F
25° C
76° F
Inland 34° C
93° F
22° C
72° F
Hills 26° C
79° F
20° C
68° F
TIDES:
High - 9:47 AM Low - 3:30 PM
High - 9:30 PM Low - 4:15 AM (FRI.)
Sunrise - 5:48 AM Moonrise - 6:23 AM (FRI.)
Sunset - 5:26 PM Moonset - 5:27 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

[Linked Image]
If there is a true predictor of the season change it's these guys flying in from the North. Today's expected high is 90 and currently the temp is 78. The sea is flat calm.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Ok, i give. What does it mean?

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Morning Champion, smell the coffee. season change -was summer now fall winter coming.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan... 08:00 BZT

Rain swept through parts of southern Belize over night, but by now it has all dried up.. . . .The NOAA maps are now working again.

I have shown earlier pictures, because they show what happened last night and indicate what is happening now. . ..The rain in Belize has now completely cleared, not just moved away, but dried up. . . .That high ITCZ swell up over PG has almost completely disappeared, presently just overcast.. . . .I believe all that rain that was showing up on the weather TV etc. was simply warm wet air being circulated by that Low pressure ridge, that stretched from where they show "L" to Cuba, over Belize, towards Florida, where it was meeting cool air, which caused all the rain.. . . .I do not see any Tropical Storm brewing there as they were talking about.

I am suspecting the morning overcast will clear to significant cloud, with some sunshine, perhaps more in the north Belize, but probably only a very small chance of any scattered rain showers.

Originally Posted by elbert
Morning Champion, smell the coffee. season change -was summer now fall winter coming.

It is most assuredly is here, but I just don't think of it there.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan... 16:00 BZT

Scattered showers breaking out all over Belize right now.

Not really moving in from the west, mainly just developing out of the humid air as it cools down

I have added the Means Seal Level Pressure chart below. As I expected. . . There is not a sharp defined Low pressure or Depression moving over Belize as some charts are telling us.

There is a general area of low pressure, covering most of the north west Caribbean. . . As I was saying from other rain cloud charts, it looks to me as if there is a Ridge of low pressure from Belize to Cuba and the winds are meeting near Cuba, hence all that rain.

21:00

There is rain all over the places, in patchy showers, some very light, some heavy spots.
I expect this to continue through the night. . .To early to say when this patchy rain will stop.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.