Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: October 29, 2014

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: Relatively moist and unstable conditions will prevail over our area the next couple of days.
Advisories: *Small craft caution for gusty winds and locally rough seas near showers and thunderstorms.*
24-hour forecast: Cloudy to overcast skies tonight and tomorrow.Some showers, a few thunderstorms or periods of rain over most areas,but especially over the south tonight and tomorrow morning.
Winds: Northeast 5-15 knots.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: NE'ly 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; a few showers, isolated thunderstorms or periods of light rain.
Tomorrow: Winds: NE'ly 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; a few showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Marine Outlook: Thursday night:- winds: NE'ly 5-15 kts.; seas: Choppy.; waves: 2-4 ft.; a few showers and isolated thunderstorms.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 85
General Outlook: For Thursday and Thursday night is for continuing cloudy skies with a few showers and isolated thunderstorms over most areas.

Tropical Weather Outlook: A low presure system, the remnants of Tropical Storm Hanna, is located over the western Gulf of Honduras. The low is expected to move inland over Belize by early Wednesday, and significant redevelopment is unlikely.
Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 30° C
86° F
24° C
75° F
Inland 32° C
90° F
22° C
72° F
Hills 25° C
77° F
20° C
68° F
TIDES:
Low - 8:05 AM High - 2:19 PM
Low - 7:13 PM High - 1:48 AM (THURS.)
Sunrise - 5:51 AM Moonrise - 10:58 AM
Sunset - 5:22 PM Moonset - 10:40 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed weather data

[Linked Image]
Calm sea but lots of rain on Ambergris Caye this morning. Our expected high is 86 and the wind is NE at 2 mph.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan... 09:30 BZT

Still more rain last night. . . . .Radar Stuck again, but as you can see, that stuff just keeps bubbling above us, causing rain this way and that way.

First main rain in the central area, then south and now north areas... ..Notice that weather just outside the north Caribbean . . .I reckon that could develop into another Tropical storm, although probably just go round in the north Atlantic.

I expect today will be mainly Overcast, with isolated but frequent showers, the occasional sun showing through in some parts briefly.

10pm

There is continuing wet air streaming over Belize from the West, a large area recently developed over North Guatamala and moving our way, so there could easily be more rain over night and into tomorrow morning.

[Linked Image]
Pouring rain here on Ambergris Caye but not much wind.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Am growing gills. Enough already!

OK - I'm stuck inside and obsessing about this rain. I like sun and brief dramatic storms, but this stuff is like Seattle (not a good thing, sorry Seattlites!)
I find it hard to believe the stats on Cal's weather gauge --- only .5 inch of rain in 24 hours? We're 8 miles or so from Cal and Amanda's house - could we be in the rain belt and they be in sun?
Looking at the satellite, it seems we have more and more on the way. I should have a lovely photo of Lake Mata Grande for you before the day is done.

Even before this rain the puddles along the new road were teaming with life ..... enough critters to attract birds to feed. I saw a roseate spoonbill in a "road puddle" in Tres Cocos last week. It was completely oblivious to the nearby traffic.

I've always found it hard to believe what those little tine vials tell us. I have flower pots and a pond overflowing.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.