Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

It's Red Again for San Pedro, UDP Secures Town Council

The United Democratic Party (UDP) has secured the seven seats of the San Pedro Town Council for three more years as all candidates running for office were elected by the people of the island. Municipal elections in Belize were held on March 4, 2015, with the UDP securing office in all, but one (Orange Walk) of nine municipalities countrywide.

Of the 7,588 registered voters in San Pedro, 4,977 made it to the polling stations to cast their vote; this represented 66% of all registered voters. At the end of a long day, the UDP machinery proved to have the muscle to secure all seven seats available at the San Pedro Town Council with Mayor Daniel Guerrero voted back as Mayor and councilors Gabriel Nunez and Severo Guerrero elected into office for a second term.

UDP Mayoral Candidate:
*Daniel Guerrero: 2534
UDP Councilor candidates:
*Severo Guerrero: 2629
*Gary Greif: 2702
*Gabriel Nu�ez: 2570
*Flora Ancona: 2692
*Hector Alamilla: 2581
*Ruben Gonzalez: 2663

PUP Mayoral Candidate:
*Dr. Giovanni Solorzano: 1879
PUP Councilor Candidates:
*Raymundo Nu�ez: 1934
*Wally Nu�ez: 2124
*Omar Guerrero: 1846
*Alex Noralez: 1880
*Conchita Flota: 2010
*Marina Kay: 1931

VIP Mayoral Candidate
*Bobby Lopez: 256
VIP Councilor Candidate
*Fatima Reyes: 176
*Amalio Reque�a: 132
*Bill Henkis: 166
*Martin Dawson: 206
*Francisco Salguero: 157
*Mary Boiton: 143

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Municipal Elections Results

105,634 registered voters. 60,533 voted which is 57 percent of the total registered voters.

The UDP won 61. This figure includes the 8 Mayors in Belize City, Belmopan, Corozal, San Pedro, San Ignacio/Santa Elena, Benque, Dangriga and Punta Gorda.

The PUP had six winners including the Mayor for Orange Walk.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

UDP 7 wins 2015 Municipal Elections in San Pedro; Daniel Guerrero re-elected as Mayor!

The United Democratic Party (UDP) has maintained control of the San Pedro Town Council as all seven candidates won the Municipal election 2015 on Wednesday, March 4th. They defeated the full slates from the People's United Party (PUP) and the Vision Inspired by the People (VIP).

At the close of the polls, the number had increased to 4986 votes which is a 65.71% voter turnout. Last minute voters rushed to make it in on time. Police ensured that once 6PM came, the gate of the polling area was closed and no other electorates were allowed in. In the 2012 municipal elections, there were only 4364 votes cast, or a 61% voter turnout.

The first figures released from the counting station indicated that the UDP was in the lead. One by one, the official figures came in, and as each figure put the UDP in the lead, the atmosphere became one of celebration. When the results from the ninth box came in at about 10:30PM on Wednesday night, the PUP officially conceded defeat after eight out of nine boxes showed clear wins for the UDP slate. UDP managed to control all 13 polling boxes, capturing the win for their full slate.

These are the final tallies that each UDP candidate received:
Daniel Guerrero- 2,534, Hector 'Tito' Alamilla- 2,581, Flora Ancona- 2,692, Ruben 'Rux' Gonzalez- 2,663, Gary Grief, 2,702, Severo "Severito" Guerrero- 2,629 and Gabriel "Gaby" Nu�ez- 2,570.

PUP candidates tallies are as follows:
Giovanni Solorzano- 1,879, Maria "Choncita" Flota- 2,010, Omar "Kanasi" Guerrero- 1,846, Marina Graniel Kay- 1,931, Alex Noralez- 1,880, Gualberto "Wally" Nu�ez- 2,124, and Raymundo "Mundo" Nu�ez- 1,934.

VIP candidates tallies are as follows:
Robert "Bobby" Lopez- 256, Mary Boiton- 143, Martin Dawson- 206, Virginio "Bill" Henkis- 166, Amalio "Tua" Requena- 132, Fatima Reyes- 176, and Francisco Salguero- 157.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS of photos in the San Pedro Sun

Easter Winds Blow In A UDP Municipal Election Sweep

Yesterday was the BIG day. Municipal elections in San Pedro and across the country. Our town has been covered in party paraphenalia. In order of swag amounts, UDP (the incumbents & red), PUP (blue) and the newest independent party, VIP (yellow). T-shirts, hats, FLAGS, hand outs�the stuff is everywhere.

The polls closed at 6 and then the ballots (there are just about 7500 registered voters in San Pedro) counted and then�the celebrating begins.

And then at night, correspondent Finn was there to take pictures of the celebrations when UDP swept the ticket.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos on San Pedro Scoop!

"Betcha by Golly, Wow"

I've felt 'part' of this place (and I know it's the same for Rose) ever since we first visited. And that sense of 'belonging' has grown with every year that has passed. But yesterday I truly felt PART' of it. So what was so special. So momentous about yesterday? The Municipal Elections that's what. So what, they happen every three years. Ah, but yesterday I got to vote.

At long last I could use my VOTER's ID card and exercise my right!

I'd intended to get to the Polling Station at the San Pedro High School shortly after it opened at 07.00 hours but I spent too much time looking at emails from people thinking of buying property in Belize through Pelican Properties Limited/Belize Real Estate Limited and I ended up having to rush to make the 08.00 appointment I had for a fishing trip. Don't worry though, I'll get back to the 'Elections later!

I arrived at the TMM Charter's dock five minutes late ( considered to be early in Belize!) and we set off within minutes and headed south

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.