Next Thread
Print Thread
#499174 12/19/14 06:43 PM
M
Marius Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi,

I am new to the board although I have been lurking for a bit.
We just came back from a great visit/exploratory tour of Belize, and has consequently decided to make San Pedro our home for at least a year, starting in June/July 2015.
Among the many things on our "to do list", I.e. Housing, school for kids etc etc are the following:
Do anybody have any suggestions of how we could ship some items from Northern California to San Pedro? Or Belize City? I assume there will be a couple of big boxes 2'x2'x2, weighing maybe 100lbs.
Appreciate any help
Thx,
Marius

Recently someone told me about shipping Greyhound. You might check into that.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
M
Marius Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thx, I just checked (I never knew they offered this) they seem to be shipping by air! US$1200 for a 100lbs box, wow! It would be cheaper to pay for a friends ticket + hotel to bring a couple of suitcases worth of stuff!

R
ron Offline
R
I ship stuff to Hyde Shipping in Miami and they ship it to Belize. I always have had good luck with them

M
Marius Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Ron,
I will check with them.
Marius

check with these people out of Los Angeles:

[email protected]

C
C
Try https://www.facebook.com/shopandshipforyou . I've never used them . they are out of Los Angles . Maybe someone on the board has some information on them .

P
P
Hyde are the standard option for shipping just about everything Belize imports. Lots of other smaller options but Hyde are the big boys and based just North of Miami are a lot closer than many other options. You'll need a Customs Broker at this end to clear it out of Belize Port and will likely pay duty on everything - the initial experience and cost of this will more than likely shock you as the low end rate with all tax etc is 35%, applied on the shipping cost as well as the goods value. It is often just as easy and cheap to replace a lot of non personal items here.

Phil #499217 12/20/14 04:41 PM
M
Marius Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you everybody, this was very helpful.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.