Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
C
Some of the best dogs I've ever owned (and currently own) are mixed-breeds. The ones I've had have been hearty and smart!

E
E
Dear JonRote
I have a friend in Belize who want to buy a Poodle or Poodle puppy. Are you aware of any Poodle breeders in Belize?
Eddie

You'll have no problem getting pit bull or pit bull cross here in Belize. Sadly, they are a dime a dozen. Too many being bred and too few permanent loving homes. Saga, the local humane society, has a surprising selection of dogs available with an increasing number of pure breed dogs becoming available - some abandoned by expats and some impulse buys by people who liked the status of having a pure breed dog but didn't anticipate the work or cost involved in caring for the dog properly. I know people who have adopted beautiful German Shepherds, boxers and other breeds from Saga.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

S
S
I can't have pets where I live and as much as I miss my Golden Retriever and Old English from my younger years even if I could have a pet it would be a Saga dog or cat.

SAGA has some amazing dogs and they do not adopt them out until they have all their shots and are spayed or nurtured. I have been told that there are three classes of dogs here; 1) pure bred, 2) mixed breed consisting of only two purebreds. 3) Pot lickers - my favorite.
Yes, most pot lickers here have some pit in them.
There are several mixed varieties that you will see in abundance - many look like yellow labs others like shepherds.
I have had my mind totally changed since living here.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I LOVE my pot-lickers! I have two. One looks like a mini-black-lab and the other has the body of a greyhound and fur the color of a rodesian ridgeback. Both are really smart and affectionate. Both came from Saga.

T
t42 Offline
T
The Belize City Humane Society has a just turned in six month old female peekaboo needing a home. Also a nine month old Sheppard that is at the vet right now with I think a broken leg they are waiting for funding and a permanent home I believe it will be a costly operation. Both dogs said to be very sweet and loving.

T
t42 Offline
T
Sorry peekapoo?!!

Pekingese and poodle probably = peekaboo? Sounds like a very very smart and totally adorable puppy!
Saving a deserving Shepherd? Priceless.

Most all the dogs in Belize are pure-bred Belizean potlickers. Check with the humane societies who have vetted the animals they take in and while some need a specific home situation to be a compatible companion, many love everyone who is kind. And if their family is threatened they are a sure first line of defense against threats.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.