Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#497856 11/12/14 07:08 AM
D
OP Offline
D
We usually get to AC by small plane but on our next trip we will be with 7 adults and 3 small children. Some of the adults dont think the small plane ride would be safe. So they want to take the ferry. How much is the ferry ride per adult? Where does the ferry dock on AC? When we get to the airport in BZE we hire a taxi to take us all to the ferry dock? Thanks!

I would bet on more boating issues over the years against airplane incidents.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
S
S
I agree that the plane is actually a very safe way to travel to AC. If you choose to take the water taxi, you would probably need 2 cabs from the airport to accommodate that many people and luggage. The cab would take you to the water taxi terminal, and from there you would buy your tickets at about 25.00 US round trip, then wait for the next boat. The last boat from BZ city leaves at 5:30, and that means it will be dark for the 1.5 hour trip to AC. If your international flight arrives late in the day or is delayed, you could have difficulty catching the last water taxi. I do think the water taxi's are a good way to travel, but no question that flying is the best and probably the safest.

M
M
Most taxi sedans take only about 4 passengers, but if you're lucky, there might be a few taxi vans waiting. The vans can seat more passengers (maybe 7 to 9) and might be able to take your whole group.

Both water taxi services have websites where you can view schedules & fares...
http://ccwatertaxi.com/
http://www.belizewatertaxi.com/

There's another private water taxi service called Tropic Ferry. You have to make arrangements with them -- they will meet you at the airport, take you to the boat and then to AC. It's expensive, but maybe you can negotiate a fare for the group.
http://tropicferry.com/

Last edited by MisterB266; 11/12/14 09:22 AM.
B
B
Check out the option of using Tropic Ferry. They pick you up at the airport and deliver you to wherever you're staying in San Pedro. Very easy way to get to the island.

R
R
Originally Posted by Bluebird
Check out the option of using Tropic Ferry. They pick you up at the airport and deliver you to wherever you're staying in San Pedro. Very easy way to get to the island.

That is the way to go for their situation. I use this service frequently and it is great. Older people; kids or pets make this a good alternative. Having said that I also use Tropic airlines frequently and have zero problem with them.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
D
OP Offline
D
Does anyone know how big the Tropic Ferry boat is? Also how big the regular ferry boat is?

Last edited by Mr. Din; 01/06/15 06:18 PM.
D
OP Offline
D
How long is the drive from BZE to the water taxi terminal by taxi?

Originally Posted by Mr. Din
Does anyone know how big the Tropic Ferry boat is? Also how big the regular ferry boat is?

Good size and covered boats. Pretty expensive (compared to the regular ferry) and there are some local issues with them.

Originally Posted by Mr. Din
How long is the drive from BZE to the water taxi terminal by taxi?

About 20 minutes.

Live and let live
R
R
Mr. Din,

Tropic Ferry has two boats, that I'm aware of. One smaller maybe 24-26' and another larger boat in the 30's similar to the regular Ferry.

The local issues referred to have been going on for years and have died down to almost nothing as far as I know. Yes, they are more expensive, however it includes picking you up at BZE and bring you to the dock nearest where you are staying. Therefore you do not need to take a taxi to the Ferry Dock in Belize city. (I think it is more like a 30 minute drive but I haven't done it in a little while.) You also don't have to take a taxi from the ferry dock in San Pedro to your place, especially if you are north of the bridge.

Probably I've used them on 4 or 5 round trips. I did take tropic ferry last Saturday. There was an issue with help not showing up but......welcome to Belize and the New Year's Holiday celebrations. Also, it appears the local management has changed and either needs more experience or a change.

I will take them again on my next trip. Hopefully this helps you.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.