Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

A Honduran national who resides in Minnesota, U.S.A., but was visiting Belize and staying on La Isla Bonita, San Pedro was busted with a "roach," which is a small amount of weed, totaling point nine grams. Mario Silva Brown was busted on January fifth, 2015 and today due to the unavailability of a Magistrate in that jurisdiction, the forty-two year was brought to Belize City and charged with the Possession of a Controlled Drug. He appeared before Senior Magistrate Sharon Fraser and pleaded guilty to the charge. The bust was made by officers who stopped and searched Brown; inside his knapsack they found the drugs. Since it was his first conviction, he was fined two hundred and fifty dollars, which he was ordered to pay forthwith in default. Brown has been in Belize for two weeks.

Channel 5

D
D
That is beyond ridiculous. No disrespect to Marty but, a roach ?

M
M
And why did they stop and search him??

S
S
Probably just bought it in view of police. The last case I saw in court (tourists) had done the exact same thing. That time it was a couple in their late 50's and they had spent the night in jail for buying in Central Park.

Originally Posted by SimonB
Probably just bought it in view of police. The last case I saw in court (tourists) had done the exact same thing. That time it was a couple in their late 50's and they had spent the night in jail for buying in Central Park.

If he bought it in view of the police, where is the creep that sold it to him..........no mention of the "dealer"....what a bunch of crap!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I recall a time in Jamaica where I had the experience of watching a friend buy a little pot from a dealer and not a minute went by before the cops came over to him and busted him. Took him to the station, drained 5K from a credit card and had to leave the country ASAP. I am sure the dealer got a cash cut of the 5K.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OUTRAGEOUS, I don't even know where to begin...

W
W
La Mordita (The bite) was invented by the Spanish and along with entrapment is standard procedure from the Texas border to Tierra Del Fuego.
Not sure what went on in Belize when the English were in charge, but no doubt who's tactics are in play now!

S
S
Wow, jump to conclusions everyone. The dealer in the case I saw came up in front of the magistrate after the tourists. He was some new guy from the mainland. Let's everyone get their knickers in a knot about someone getting arrested in broad daylight buying drugs at central park. Screw 'em they knew what they were doing was wrong they even admitted it in court. They left the weed in the console of the golf cart in plain view to really help their case.

Travel rule #1- don't break laws in a foreign country.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.