Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The San Pedro Traffic Department today, Monday, February 02, 2015, invited the media to take pictures of four new motorcycles what were added to the department's fleet. This, according to Town Councilor in charge Kenrick Brackett, is part of the Town Council's work towards upgrading the department.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today

The 125cc limit rule by the Town Board needs to be challenged. Fast has nothing to do with the situation. You can go to fast enough to kill yourself on a little cycle just as easy. Big cycles only carry bigger loads. large trucks and SUV's capable of 80 mph are approved monthly by the same people that say you can't have a motorcyle over 125 cc because you'll go to fast and hurt yourself. All over town large people are sitting atop cycles that are comically to small for them because the Mayor and Town Board made a rule without thinking it through. They are not demonstrating good leadership with thoughtless rules. Being mature and admitting you've made a mistake and will make it right is a sign of a good leader.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Elbert, reading your comment I understand that your problem is how you look on a small motorcycle.
I think the solution is to look for a bike with a larger frame rather than a larger engine.
Short

Live and let live
S
S
Oh c'mon. Size doesn't matter...
[Linked Image]

Another option would be raising your suspension:
http://www.suspensionshop.org/HP-hyperpro-rising-lowering-kits.php

Live and let live
[Linked Image]
Yes, a lot of it is self image.

White Sands Dive Shop
The top pic cop on the left was so angry that i drove on the finished pavement in tres cocos, he almost fined me. Someone moved the barrier so i thought it was open. Man was he pissed. He said he was tired of putting them back. So, don't blow the barrier.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Your such a renegado :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
I didnt know it was that big a deal Elbert, i do now.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
R
R
Originally Posted by champion
The top pic cop on the left was so angry that i drove on the finished pavement in tres cocos, he almost fined me. Someone moved the barrier so i thought it was open. Man was he pissed. He said he was tired of putting them back. So, don't blow the barrier.

Most everyone has been using that since the weekend. No one seems to be working there to finish the last 100' and I haven't seen any workers up where they mix the concrete. Why would the police care, we been using a road half done for months? While they are working, well I can understand that.

I'll tell you one thing though, the traffic has to slow down and the motor cycles seem to be one of the worst offenders. There has already been a couple of serious accidents. I'm in favor of the road but the combination of speed and lack of lights/reflectors on vehicles and bikes is going to be deadly. This has got to be brought under control. I'm not talking 25 mph, I'm talking more like 50 and even at night with no street lights.

ps This is also a problem in the south end where a pick up truck doing at least 40 almost rammed me down past Super Buy south.

Last edited by ragman; 02/03/15 07:47 AM. Reason: ps

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.