Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Inplub
I was in the office every month for a year and I could see why it was harder for US Citizens.

Would you mind expanding on this? I'm very interested.

S
S
I don't know about EU but Commonwealth does have its privileges (including half the cost for permits and voting rights that US residents aren't entitled to).

Belize is also member of CARICOM and SICA, so I guess they also have privileges, unlike EU or US.

Live and let live
We had to go in every month for 3 months for mine and the wife/s and our 3 children. After 3 months we had our work permits, but still had to go for the 3 children. After some time our 2 older children got school permits for a year, but our youngest had to go in every month as he could not have a school permit as he was only part time school.

Me and my son went in every month for 6 months then was informed he needed a work permit as he had been here over 6 months, we then had to go to Belmopan for a 3 month school permit as he was only 2 1/2 he could not have a work permit. After 3 months it started again he had been here over 6 months without a work permit.

If I told you what I saw in the Office in San Pedro I would not be able to live here. One day while I was waiting my turn a American women came into the office and started to shout at the young lady dealing with some one else. This women demanded that the girl stop what she was doing and take care of of her. She nearly had the young lady crying and I was about to get up and throw her out of the office.

The young lady did her paperwork and as soon as the American was out of the door she throw her paperwork in the bin and laughed that it would take her 3 months to put the paperwork back in. This is why it can take time. Some paperwork never leaves the Island.

When I asked her if she could do this we both laughed and she told me it would be reported lost in Belmopan.

I hope this answer your question.

BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for explaining. As for the "ugly" American, I'm with you all the way Sister. I've seen enough of them here to last a lifetime. I have met some of the sweetest most understanding people in the World here. So again, thank you for sharing your experience with the "rabbit hole."

I did call this morning and was informed by Mr. Zungia the Ministry of Labor that my file is on Ms. Marin the directors desk now. So I guess I will wait until next Monday to call again. I will keep my promise, as I know he will be expecting it. He is a very sweet man.

R
R
I was once told to "grease the wheels" at the Lands Dept. to get my title, however I wouldn't stoop to their level.

Going puplic and calling out those who are holding up your paperwork is the only way to get anything accomplished in that god for saken country, just glad I got out. Hope you get what you need.

I hear you tropicguy, you don't like Belize.
Emory King once said: "Either you love Belize or you hate Belize, there's no in-between".
I say: "Some don't like Belize, and Belize doesn't like them".
Apparently you still have some feelings, otherwise you wouldn't be visiting this forum.
Please keep your comments honest, not too vicious and Belize will still like you!
Short

Live and let live
Originally Posted by tropicguy

Going puplic and calling out those who are holding up your paperwork is the only way to get anything accomplished in that god for saken country, just glad I got out. Hope you get what you need.

I've been here 26 years and it's just been delightful. I've received tons of permits and permissions with out bribes but I use a smile and ask for help instead of demand and make condescending remarks like " The way we do it in the United States". Most impatient, condescending north Americans don't realize how insulting they are. I got a Christmas Card from the Lands Department with my subdivision approval in only two weeks because I said ,"Can you help me please I don't understand how to do this".

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by elbert
Originally Posted by tropicguy

I've been here 26 years and it's just been delightful. I've received tons of permits and permissions with out bribes but I use a smile and ask for help instead of demand and make condescending remarks like " The way we do it in the United States". Most impatient, condescending north Americans don't realize how insulting they are. I got a Christmas Card from the Lands Department with my subdivision approval in only two weeks because I said ,"Can you help me please I don't understand how to do this".

I completely agree with you Elbert. A long long time ago I BLOCKED Tropicguy and his female because of their comments. I wouldn't have opened what he had written, except you put it in as a "quote" so I got to see it. He's an old mean man and America is better with 'those' type of people. We don't need their kind here.

I made my call on Monday to Mr. Zungia and will again on next Monday with a smile in my voice, a joke at the beginning, with a prayer that he will say that Ms. Marin is ready for my husband and I to come and get our stamps.

Thanks for the support. I have and always will believe that kindness, perseverance, and respect will win in the end.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.