Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
I am looking for information regarding bringing my 85lb lab mix to Ambergris Caye. I'm wondering if anyone can share their experiences/knowledge of cost to do that. She is currently residing in Winnipeg, Canada but could be driven to the States for a better flight option. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

R
R
If I remember correctly you are going to have a problem because the crate and dog will go over 100#. It doesn't pertain to me because my dog weights 55# but you better check to see if there are weight limits. A large crate weights about 24# so an XL + 85 is going to be a heavy package. It is possible that limit is only with the airline (?) that I read that about and this was a few years ago. Good luck I hope you find a way.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
I have a friend who may be starting a flight service to bring pets in on his private plane. He routinely flies in and out of Belize from Florida so it would not be a charter, just a special cargo kind of deal.
I'll check in with him and let you know if anything at all materializes.

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you very much for your responses!

B
B
Diane, could this be an option for flying dogs from Belize to Florida? I would love to hear more.
I'm currently fostering a SAGA dog and have a forever home in Florida lined up if I could get him there. I have flown two island dogs back to the States with AA in the past but most Airlines have so many breed restrictions nowadays. This particular dog is your typical island pot-licker, 50lb pitty-mixed mutt. Super sweet demeanor and well behaved.

R
R
Originally Posted by ragman
If I remember correctly you are going to have a problem because the crate and dog will go over 100#. It doesn't pertain to me because my dog weights 55# but you better check to see if there are weight limits. A large crate weights about 24# so an XL + 85 is going to be a heavy package. It is possible that limit is only with the airline (?) that I read that about and this was a few years ago. Good luck I hope you find a way.

I doubled checked this info today with the party involved and he said the dog could fly if the weight was over 100# but it was really, really expensive. I suspect every airline has their own rules plus the rules they must follow.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for the follow up, I really appreciate it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.