Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#501977 03/08/15 05:58 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Hello all and thanks for all the very helpful info you have given me so far!

Question on bags........we are flying first class on Delta in June to AC for our wedding. Of course, we are allowed two 70 lbs of bags with this but how does that work with Tropic Air's much smaller policy?

We are bringing wedding supplies with us and are keeping our bags to 50 lbs each (even though we are allowed 70) but I am not sure if this is going to cause a problem with Tropic making the connection.

Anyone know?

K
K
You won't have a problem on Tropic. They don't charge for any additional baggage. They're great!

O
OP Offline
O
awesome, thank you. I figured with all the scuba folks and all the gear they have to be a little understanding. We are renting our gear since we have so much other stuff.

Agree no problem with Tropic with anything ever!!!! Lots of trips and lots of stuff!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
That is a smart move at limiting the weight, 70 lbs is a killer�.

mar
From Tropic Air.com

Domestic Flights (within Belize)

Checked Baggage

Tropic Air permits each passenger one (1) carry-on and two (2) checked bags with the following dimensions:

Each checked bag has a maximum weight of 25lbs (11.3kg), 62 linear inches (157cm) with a width limited to 30 inches (76cm) and a height of 15 inches (38cm).

oversized bag will be placed on a space available staus

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Tropic Air will get your bags to you eventually but if it's an overloaded flight you may have to wait for the next flight or in a very rare instance, the next day.
If you have serious concerns about having your bags arrive at the same time you arrive (mostly an issue if you are staying well out of town) you may wish to consider Tropic Ferry (boat service, not related to Tropic Air). No limit on the baggage, and it will be on the same boat with you, delivered with you to the dock nearest your hotel, villa, house. Takes longer than flying, costs about the same. It's all about what works best for you. For those with pets or tons of luggage the Ferry is a godsend.

Having my bags arrive on the island on the same plane that I am on is one of the reasons (if there is someone with me) that I taxi to the muni airport. These flights are half the cost as those flying out of international. Taking into consideration the taxi fare there is no savings when I fly alone.
I love it when we leave muni less than full and go over to BZE and have people get on who were on my incoming flight from the US and astounded to see me already en-route. A few even have enough courage to ask me how I did it.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
O
OP Offline
O
Good info--never thought about the ferry but it would be an option. We just found out that its going to be a challenge to bring 12 bottles of our fav wine with us in checked luggage.

I know that we can bring 2 bottles with us, and buy 4 in the baggage area, however we really really want to bring our own. Does anyone know how much that would cost in duty? The customs website says 15% but how do they determine the value to tax the 15%?

Are we just crazy for wanting to do this? The Wine de Vine does not carry what we like and we are assuming the airport will be the same way.

Thoughts?

Hon Offline
Have you tried contacting Premium Wines and Spirits to see if they can help you?

https://www.facebook.com/premiumwinesandspirits

[email protected] or [email protected]

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.