Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Some friends of mine are sailing their private boat down from Florida. At my suggestion they wanted to stop at Ambergris Caye on their way to the Panama Canal. I recommended that they attempt to dock at the Belize Yatch Club. I am sure that they could be there as long a one week, maybe more. Does anyone know the proceedure to secure dockage there? Their boat is a 38 foot sailboat. Who should they contact? Should this be done well in advance of arrival or can they call in as they get close? Thank you for any help.

The Belize Yacht Club is not really a "yacht club" in the stateside sense of the description. Some difficult things have happened with regard to dock space/owners etc. in the last year or so. I'm still unclear about the status of their slips for temporary usage. To get the lowdown on docking facilities in San Pedro I would have your friends contact TMM Charters at [email protected] They maintain a "cat" fleet in San Pedro and should probably be able to give you some good advice. Ya know, one sailor to another and all that. They'll also want to VERY careful coming through any of the cuts at the reef. VERY TRICKY>

CC

very good advice

M
M
Everybody I've seen anchors out. When we were at the "Belize Yacht Club" two years ago, we inquired about slips and slip fees for our boat (40ft) - which was not with us. The answers we're very discouraging both in terms of availability and price. It may have changed, but anchoring safely behind the reef looks just great to us. (We usually anchor out anyway.)

I would check very carefully into the BYC situation before trying to avail myself of their services.

Michael

K
K
I understand that the maximum depth into the Belize Yacht Club Pier was 5 1/2 ft. last summer. This may be a limiting factor for your friends unless something has been done to provide a deeper channel. We have anchored out for weeks at a time for several years without any problems. If they need to take on fuel or water and have a draft of more than 5 1/2 ft., the best bet would probably be Moho Cay. It is an easy half day sail and they usually has some space available.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.