Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
OP Offline
Paving looks good. Now a thorough cleanup of roadsides is required. The Mayor told me that they will be putting in proper shoulders and drainage and after that will be landscaping along the roadside. I'd settle for just a trash pickup, but I guess one thing at a time.
Even Danny bemoaned the lack of civic pride of the local population who continues to litter the roads and vacant lots. The beach is trash from someplace else, but the roads are not. It would be nice to see some of the vendors who sell the stuff that ends up debris taking a little time to clean it up or to maintain a trash bin at roadside. But..... since that request has fallen on deaf ears, I'm headed out with gloves and trash bags this afternoon. At least part of the Mata Grande road will be litter free by evening.
As they used to say in the good old days - "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." ba-da-bum.

D
D
How far north is the road being built? Is it out to Capricorn yet?

Dawn Schick
Half mile beyond as of now.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
The election is over and construction on the road has stopped. It's end is just a little North of Belizean Shores. My guess is that's where it will be for a while.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
D
D
Is the plan to eventually go to the 9 mile mark?

Dawn Schick
I understood the road would go as far as the Blue Reef (newly renamed?)

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
Am told that the next stretch of road will be gravel and that construction will begin shortly.

The election is over. So lets see what happens but as of now trucks and crew have gone and the progress has stopped.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
In town yesterday I talked to Traffic Officer Freddie about the control set up here on the north road the other day. He said he was the one stationed with a radar gun at Reef Village and another man was up near Capt. Morgan's with another gun. A woman officer was stationed someplace in between.

They were stopping people, telling them how fast they were going (averaged 45 mph) and gave them warnings. I asked why not tickets. He said that would come after they get the signs up.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
What were they driving at 45 MPH? Our golf cart rentals have limited us to a speed of maybe 15 MPH....

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.