Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#502926 04/02/15 11:18 AM
W
WWIII Offline OP
OP Offline
W
OK, very important question. I am about to buy a new pair of Costa Del Mar sunglasses. I have narrowed it down to the Fisch model and I am set of 580 glass lenses but I cannot decide between the mirror blue and green lenses. I mostly do flats fishing or on the reef or pier. All of you anglers weigh in. What do you prefer?

Last edited by WWIII; 04/02/15 11:19 AM.
P
P
Not a fisherman but have a pair. I thought it was the lens colour (amber grey etc) that changed the "view" and the blue green mirror was neutral, but they might have combinations of each that do - I'm going from memory so dont take this with much weight, just might point you to some research before a knowledgeable fisherman chimes in. fwiw almost everyone here has blue.

I just use a polarized RayBan lens and I've gotten use to them maybe this will give you some insight

https://www.costadelmar.com/inside-costa/press-media/shades-of-glory

W
WWIII Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks, I actually read that article today while doing some research. I was set on blue but after talking to the salesman at Bass Pro Shop I am considering green. I wear Aviators (my daily wear sunglasses) but they let in too much light for fishing.

Last edited by WWIII; 04/02/15 03:56 PM.
R
R
A few times I've been asked to bring these glasses down to fishermen and they have asked for the green lenses.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
C
C
You can buy Costa del Mar glasses at Captain Sharks in San Pedro. I bought a pair to replace the glasses I lost on my last trip down. Price was not that much higher than I have seen online. I bought mirror blue & am happy with them.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.