Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
J
J
Now that's an idea I like!

I seriously doubt it is a sign issue. I don't believe a legislative law/ordinance has been passed even acknowledging the existence of radar devices.You can't write tickets without an underlying law...

C
C
i'm told the road will go as far as GBE eventually is this right? how far off is it

I understood to the Blue Reef, If GBE is the new name then to there.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
GBE is Grand Belizean Estates.

Blue Reef is now LaBeliza

GBE road travels west from Mata Grande. It will not be changed as part of this project. The concrete road goes to Belizean Shores now. The new aggregate road is supposed to be from that point north a few miles, most likely in stages. I am told that the installation of the aggregate will begin near the former Costa Maya and be developed working south until it connects to the concrete. Reason for this plan is that the aggregate is coming from a site north on the island.

Hope that helps.

C
C
ok thanks

Originally Posted by carlt
i'm told the road will go as far as GBE eventually is this right? how far off is it

Wouldn't make any sense to go to GBE, that's West and dead end at nothing. Probably just some realtors hype.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
D
D
Originally Posted by carlt

Not enough politically bought "muscle$$$" right now to get the concrete road to GBE. ;-)

DC

Last edited by Decompression; 04/07/15 08:38 PM.
D
D
Where is costa maya?

Dawn Schick
OP Offline
The road from Mata Grande through/to GBE is already there. The developer built it quite some ago. It's a good road.

Due to signage, most folks assume that GBE begins at the entry to the above referenced road. Perhaps the question is whether the concrete will reach this turnoff as part of the current project? The answer is no. The concrete is as far as it will go for now. The aggregate road will be laid, and can serve as a good base for concrete later. I've driven the gravel road to GBE and find it fine. In fact the gravel surface tends to slow one down just a bit and that can't be all bad. To lay 4 miles or more of concrete in an area of at most 4 homes, would not be a particularly good use of public funds. Glad there is not enough "political muscle" to squander money like that.

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.