Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#502955 04/03/15 08:02 AM
utclark Offline OP
OP Offline
I've finally decided to post on here in hopes of getting some answers. Hopefully I'm in the correct spot. We are a timeshare owner at Reef Village and even with all the issues we're hearing about, will be there in two weeks again. I have been unable to get in touch with anybody there for over a month now. Emails go unanswered by Carla and she's the only contact I have now. Anybody know a good contact and contact info, preferably email as International calls aren't easy for us.

On a side note, does anybody have any comments on how Reef Village is going. Was there two years ago and it was obviously failing then.

Thanks!
Scott

Originally Posted by utclark
I've finally decided to post on here in hopes of getting some answers. Hopefully I'm in the correct spot. We are a timeshare owner at Reef Village and even with all the issues we're hearing about, will be there in two weeks again. I have been unable to get in touch with anybody there for over a month now. Emails go unanswered by Carla and she's the only contact I have now. Anybody know a good contact and contact info, preferably email as International calls aren't easy for us.

On a side note, does anybody have any comments on how Reef Village is going. Was there two years ago and it was obviously failing then.

Thanks!
Scott

Check out "Reef Village information" on this forum for contact information that others have turned to. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by utclark

Thanks!
Scott

The name of the resort has now been changed to Barrier Reef Resort. The timeshares are only Reef Village now. A new management company is in place for Barrier Reef, but the timeshares are still managed by Carla and RVEL as far as anyone knows. The HOA has won a court judgement against the developer (RVEL) and is now in the process of collecting that judgement.
Great strides have been made in bringing the resort back to what it should be and the grounds are greatly improved from 2 years ago. The HOA has expended a lot of money to repair and upgrade the infrastructure in spite of the developer.

Gray hair does not mean you are old.
Attention please .... Please be reminded that this establishment has no relationship whatsoever to Residences at Barrier Reef, and never has.
RBR was in business substantially before this group renamed itself.
The two developments are radically different.

G
G
How is the pool coming along, has it been opened?

The pool is still empty and there is no water service to the pool island. Keep hearing rumors of it opening, but, nothing is happening.

Gray hair does not mean you are old.
utclark Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the replies! Finally heard back from Carla... Supposedly we have our condo. If not, and you see 4 'gringos' looking for a place to stay, pick us up! See you Saturday!

C
C
Scot, try [email protected] and it is Karol who works for Touch Management. Ir we can help let us know. Coleen Blease Management [email protected]

M
M
The best advice is NEVER buying a timeshare anywhere. It is a scam and the so-called timeshare you buy is sold over and over again to other people. It is very difficult to sell your timeshare now and renting isn't in the deal. It will cost you more to buy a timeshare and maintenance fee than to rent a hotel room or a full ownership of a condo. Don't do it. There is good information about timeshare scams: http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/206-how-to-get-out-of-a-timeshare/

Last edited by melissaj; 10/22/15 08:22 AM.
AMEN.... From a wise old Real Estate guy.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.