Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#503489 04/19/15 04:19 PM
Y
yoMike Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Does anyone have any info on when/if the "city" water project North of the bridge is going to happen? I've emailed BWS twice with no response.

Rgrds,
YOMike
Hon Offline
Boca del Rio is still waiting to be connected to the sewers that were put in 4 years ago. Email your heart out and good luck in getting a response, let alone any action.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
D
D
Rio is still waiting to be connected to the sewers that were put in 4 years ago. Email your heart out and good luck in getting a response, let alone any action. [/quote]

Ditto. +infinity.

DC

YoMike,
You'll hear about things like Water projects North, Sewer, Airports, Schools and such just don't plan around or invest thinking any of that will come true for decades.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
YoMike
Why are you interested? Those of us who live north of bridge have water. I have the sweetest water you could ever want and it is FREE! We call it sky juice (rain water).

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
R
R
Water and especially sewerage is a problem north of the bridge. San Mateo; Reef Village; Cloisters; Grand Caribe; several homes which were built with less than adequate storage and virtually every restaurant for the first 2 miles for example. I would expect this project to get underway within the next few years. It was scheduled to start this year but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. San Mateo isn't part of the original construction but it will be tied in eventually.

The water trucks go up the road quite frequently and have done a good business this winter.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
The infrastructure in general is lame for the areas North of the bridge and any investment should consider independent systems in the expense of building. That is to say make you own fresh water, process you own sewage, transport customers and personnel by boat, have an electricity generator backup and consider satellite internet connection, hire security in lieu of police protection...oh and don't expect to pay less tax because of the lack of these services.
Sounds like my attitude is hanging out again, doesn't it. It's soured after 20 years of this BS.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
M
M
Originally Posted by elbert
Sounds like my attitude is hanging out again, doesn't it. It's soured after 20 years of this BS.

And that's why you're my hero, Elbert. Straight shooter and right to the point. Always appreciate the breath of fresh air!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.