Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#503543 04/21/15 08:31 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy a house voltage regulator or even something similar to the APC line-r voltage regulator. In three month we have lost 2 televisions, a printer screen, a brand new dvd player, and our fridge is acting up. We are guessing it is from irregular voltage??

What part of the island are you on? Most people use surge protectors but those do nothing for brown power which we do have a lot of. My regulator is always kicking in, but that sounds like a lot of stuff you have breaking in a short time span. I'm wondering if maybe the issues are on your side of the meter. Too much load on one circuit can cause issues especially if you larger devices frequently drawing power when they come on like an a/c unit. Brown power kills fridges. Wallys in SP may be able to help. I think FT Williams has an office in SP since he has guys onsite long term with the new Tropic building going up.

We tries one in our house brought from the US and did no good. Voltage spikes here are large and too fast for them to catch

S
S
I use several APC LE1200 Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulators in my home and I haven't had a single problem in the 3 years since I started using them. The power in my current location isn't bad but my last place was horrible and you could hear the units triggering all the time but again I haven't had a single problem (knock on wood).

At work I use an APC Smart-UPS 2200VA.

M
M
We use the exact same model as SimonB, and no problems since installing them.

G
OP Offline
G
where did you buy them?

G
OP Offline
G
thank you everyone for the helpful answers. We are about 4 miles north of the bridge.

S
S
Got my UPS from GS-COM in Belize City, just because of the size and weight. The line conditioners I bought off Amazon and had shipped down.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.