Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50362 06/15/02 09:54 AM
F
Fry69 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I heard there are now 2,3, and 4 bedroom rooms built. Does anyone know if they are ocean view, or prices for that matter?

#50363 06/15/02 10:24 AM
T
T
Fry69,

If they are what we say a couple weeks ago....it is a very narrow building built next to the main buiding. Each balcony is turned (even in the back) to have some sort of view of the beach/ocean. Of course, logically, the ones closest to the beach are going to have better views. I'm not positive that these are rooms you are referring too, they still looked pretty under construction just a bit ago!

teacher

#50364 06/19/02 03:43 PM
I toured the new rooms a couple of days ago.

The new addition is a three-story, narrow building just on the north side of the original building.

Yes, the new addition is set up so that, depending on demand, there will be three units that can be expanded from one-bedroom to up to four bedrooms. Basically, there's a one-bedroom suite with kitchen, bedroom, living area and balcony on the seafront side, and behind it three single rooms with a hall. So Tim can rent this as either a one, two, three or four bedroom unit.

I believe the new rates are now on the Banana Beach Web site. From memory, the four-bedroom unit in season will go for US$400. The new units will be ready in a week or two.

Tim has added a new pool, located between the front desk area and the main original building, across from the banana plantings. There eventually will be a restaurant and gift shop.

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#50365 06/19/02 03:49 PM
lan, you sneak. you were ther when i was? i left the 16th.

vicki's place was really great. did you stop by? i know she was hoping you would.

i would be happy to review it for you.

#50366 06/20/02 03:59 PM
I saw the new units a few weeks ago and they were looking good. Like Lan describes above. Rates are $375/4 br, $300/3 br, $225/2 br, $150/1 br. A bit higher holiday weeks. The new improvements at Banana Beach like new lobby and entrance way, new courtyard, new additional pool, really tie the place together and make it look even nicer than it already was. And of course the staff continues to be one of the friendliest and most helpful on the island. Beach area was looking real good too. I have a good photo of the new units from the outside which I can attach to you if you write me.
www.barbsbelize.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.