Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
May 19: Join friends and Saga supporters for a night of TAPAS at Luna Loca for the Saga Humane Society May Cook Off Fundraiser. Raffle Prizes include Tanqueray Gin, a Red Ginger Gift Card, an overflowing gift basket from Belizean Breezes Soap Co, Gift certificates to Ray's Big Dog, Pampered Paws, DandE's and more! VIP Tables and tickets are on sale now at [email protected]. Don't miss this one! It's going to be great, and the proceeds will go to fund the much needed safety repairs at Saga's Fort Dog facility that houses our healthy dogs who are available for adoption.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

SAGA and the Bowl of Pudding
The event of the day - SAGA Humane Society was having a cook-off! Looking back at the handy dandy FaceBook event dealie-whopper I see they had free shots...not sure how I missed that...but I did. These fine folks do a lot of good for the 4 legged...actually we have to really just call them cats and dogs around here cause I've seen more than one that doesn't have 4 legs...friends. You should totally like their FaceBook page and stop by to walk some dogs! Was I rolling at the VIP table? No. Did I want to be? No. I got to sit with my pals, in the corner - nice deep bench with fabulous cushions. Luna Loca is a cool venue. Spent some time there over Easter weekend and had a good time then too. Friendly staff, good drinks, fun specials...good place to check out. I don't get there much cause it's outside this hermits 3 block radius - but you should check 'em out.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Licks Beach Side Caf� wins Tapas Cook-Off

Once again Saga Humane Society rallied a crowd of supporters for their monthly Cook-Off fundraiser. Hosted by Luna Loca Beach Bar, the 'Tapas' Cook-Off started shortly after 6PM on Tuesday, May 19th. Eager patrons lined up to purchase tickets to sample the eight registered dishes for the night. All proceeds of the night benefited Saga's Fort Dog, which is in need of repairs.

The eight tapas up for sampling included: Rain Restaurant's bacon wrapped dates, Pineapple Restaurant's chicken pesto rolls, Joanne Frei's ginger peanut butter sauce with carrots, Joanne Frie's spicy, sweet and sour cocktail, Carolina Gonzalez's tropical cheese meatballs, Letty Hernandez's Chicken Kabob with peanut butter sauce, Rosa La Rosa's Catalan tapas with grilled Aubergine and red peppers, and Licks Beach Side Caf�'s sesame tempura battered fish with mango pineapple chutney. For a contribution of only $20, attendees got to sample all the dishes. For the cost of $40, VIP guests skipped the line and got their plate of food delivered to their table! At the end of the meal, attendees voted on their favorite dish. Taking first place was Licks Beach Side Caf�. Rain Restaurant took the second place prize, while Carolina Gonzalez took third place.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.