Make this hearty Snapper recipe from the comfort of home!
Fish is quick in cooking, nutritious, and delicious when prepared simply. Chef Mario adds fresh kale and cassava that is organically grown at Chaa Creek’s Maya Organic Farm to give this recipe a deliciously rich flavour.
- 4 fresh snapper fillets or any fish of your choice
- 3 cups fresh cassava grated
- 1 cup plain all-purpose flour
- Chef’s special seasoning rub (paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, cumin, fresh parsley)
- Milk batter (2 eggs, 1 cup whole milk, kosher salt and white pepper to taste, paprika, 1 tsp. fresh parsley chopped)
- Vegetable oil to fry (deep enough to make the frying)
For kale creamy sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- Splash of white wine
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tbsp. pure butter
- Kosher salt, black pepper to taste
Season the fish fillet with chef’s special rub, dip in plain all-purpose flour then milk batter followed by grated cassava well covered, fry in vegetable oil at medium high temperature until light brown color on both sides, place in kitchen paper to absorb any oil excess.
Prepare the creamy kale sauce in a small sauce pan by adding a spoon of butter, garlic and kale, stirring constantly until kale is cooked enough then add the sour cream, adjust seasoning with kosher salt, black or white pepper and a splash of wine.
Cut crusted fillets in half and toss in some of the kale sauce.
Chaa Creek blog