Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#504967 06/07/15 06:26 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Hey everyone!

I'm interested in doing a building project on the island which will require a few 20-foot shipping containers, and unfortunately I've had a hard time getting my hands on them. The main difficulty is that I'm interested in containers that are in new or excellent condition, and there aren't many containers like that in Belize. It seems like my best option, then, is to buy containers that are being used to ship items from the states.

Does anyone have any leads or advice? I've already contacted Belize Estate Company and Hyde Shipping, and unfortunately they've been of no help.

F
OP Offline
F
Another thought: If anyone is moving to the island soon and plans on taking advantage of the QRP container allowance, message me and I'd be happy to make sure your furniture travels in style in a brand new container!

A
A
Ben, ours were not new. When we bought them in Long Beach, CA they were considered 'used but seaworthy' I suspect new ones would be expensive.

F
OP Offline
F
They're not too expensive, actually -- and since (as you know) I'm planning to use them as buildings (and not storage), I think the additional cost of one-trip containers is worth it when considering the long term.

The expensive part is getting them here!

S
S
Try contacting Wings, they bring them in occasionally. Possibly you could arrange to buy one instead of them sending it back...

F
OP Offline
F
That's a good thought -- thanks Simon.

These seem awfully hot inside regardless of roof sheltering.

Container homes are great! With appropriate insulation and building standards make them perfect.

I have a couple of sources and info with links. Will PM them to you when I get home this evening.

A really cool application is the 4 that have a nice concrete raised pad and nice roof over the whole thing is at Victoria House.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Originally Posted by filmmaker ben
...I'm planning to use them as buildings....

Per new island construction code please do not stack more than 5 high.... wink

G
G
Do you still want containers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.