The 10th Belize International Film Festival opened on Friday, July 17, 2015 with a red carpet event at Placencia’s Belize Ocean Club. The festival showcased movies, shorts, documentaries, music videos and even seminars for attendants to enjoy throughout the weekend. The film festival concluded on Sunday, July 19th with the second annual Award Banquet, where the winners of the top films were announced. Below is the list of this year’s winners.
* Top honors for Best Narrative Feature was given to Nicaraguan submission, “Naked Screen” directed by Florence Jaguey.
* Best TV Dramatic Series - Matthew Klinck’s “La Isla Bonita Telenovela”
* Most Notable Belizean Film and Special Mention Short Film - “I Had to Do It” directed by Eas Pin.
* Best Documentary Feature - The Netherlands “Deal With It” directed by Shamira Raphaela; Special Mention Documentary was the submission from Trinidad and Tobago “Forward Ever- The Killing of a Revolution” directed by Bruce Paddington.
* Best Short Film - Mexico’s “The Contreras Family” directed by Alejandro Becerril Elias
* Best Short Documentary - “Santa Cruz del Islote” directed by Luke Lirentzen from Columbia
* Best Animation - “Oceamaker” directed by Lucas Martell of the United States of America.
* Youth Award - “Fiddlesticks/Quatsch” directed by Veit Helmer from Germany.
* Best Music Video – Tie between Tanya Carter’s “Pretty Face” and Verge of Umbra’s “Chaos Sequence”
La Isla Bonita Telenovela Winner At Belize Film Festival
San Pedro, Ambergris Caye residents were excited and proud when they heard of the announcement that La Isla Bonita Telenovela has won Best TV Dramatic Series over the weekend at the 10th Annual Belize International Film Festival that was held in Placencia at the Belize Ocean Club.
With all the hard work put on by everybody to bring together one immensely entertaining and professional production, it was great to hear that La Isla Bonita Telenovela was honored at this year’s film festival. With a full cast of local actors, the telenovela was a huge success in San Pedro ‘La Isla Bonita’ during production and post launch of the first episode.
Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Ambergris Today
Click here to read the story in the San Pedro Sun