Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
ps Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Visiting AC for the first time in July. Have been the Condo route on other Carribean Islands. Looking for something different and close to town. Pros and cons of Ramon Village?

Thanks,

ps

S
S
I have not stayed there.

Ramones look quite nice. It will be one of the most active places with more people using the facilities. It is different than most of the places on Ambergris Caye in that it is the most traditional tourist type of place in layout etc. Far from a resort but still a resort feel due to the grouping of buildings. My personal opinion is that so many places on AC offer more privacy, why stay there. However, it's less crowded and busy than a large resort in other popular destinations so you may find it charming.

Have not stayed at Ramon's, but have enjoyed their resort as a drop in. Their bar is inviting. The beach is nice, with loungers, the dock is beautiful, and snorkeling at their artifical reef is fun.
The flags flying along the bulkhead/walkway is appealing. The gift shop has some really great things, especially the rope sandals, and the price is less than in many catalogs. The young male in our group said, he would stay at Ramon's next trip.
Can't say I would stay there, but I do really enjoy knowing Ramon's is there to enjoy.

Dare To Deviate
A bit pricey for what you get. There are better deals, and when we tried to book there, they were not very accomodating about a coffee maker or a small fridge in the room. We were going to have teens with us and need a fridge. Also, hubby gets up at 4:30 AM and like his coffee then. Didn't want to wait for the restaurant to open..... The pool area is gorgeous. As well as the grounds. Didn't see inside the rooms. As Chloe stated, the beach area is very nice, but it's more of a party place, and can get a bit noisy at night.

Always remember to check your travel agents, for good package deals........I must remember that in the future too.
Also thinking if you pay with card credit to USA travel agent, you will not incur those extra fees and charges.

Dare To Deviate
I've only looked into a couple of rooms and was sorry to see that they weren't much for the money. The grounds, the pool, the dock and the atmosphere are what you are paying for.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Debbie...you mention in your posting here that there are better deals. Would you share with us what are they? I need all the help I can get.
Thanks

We stayed at Ramon's our very first time!!! I agree with Debbie-very pricey for what you get!! We have stayed at the Holiday Hotel every trip since......8 of them to be exact!!! have fun!!! C

Great place, even when we stay elsewhere we hang out there a lot. incredible pool, right downtown, very nice palapas. Not the cheapest for sure, but real classy and nice...

C
C
I just got back from a 5 day stay at Ramons and don't think I would stay there again. The grounds are very nice and it's a good location, but the rooms are pretty blah for the price you pay. We had to go out and buy a styrofoam cooler for our room and felt the bathroom was pretty cramped. I also thought the food at the restaraunt was pretty blah as well. If you're looking for nice atmosphere, then go for it, but I think there are better deals to be found.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.