Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#505447 06/23/15 02:09 PM
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
At the first of the year, Coco Beach, allowed locals to enjoy their swim-up bar. Last week I went up and was informed that locals can no longer use any of the facilities. Can someone explain why? The front desk manager would not give any reason for the change. I really feel sorry for the employees. I saw them standing around with nothing to do. I'm sure some of them are happy to have a slower time of year, but that doesn't help when there are no tips coming in. Sure, some are great at looking busy, but seriously, you would think management would rather keep them busy with the locals, than having to let them go because there isn't enough business in the low season. Retraining new employees every year is so expensive for just high season. What a waste of money by the HOA.

BZ4me #505450 06/23/15 07:46 PM
something tells me they can afford it, upscale place and all...

Reality..What a concept!
BZ4me #505469 06/24/15 12:25 PM
D
D
Originally Posted by SnowWhite5080
At the first of the year, Coco Beach, allowed locals to enjoy their swim-up bar. Last week I went up and was informed that locals can no longer use any of the facilities. Can someone explain why? The front desk manager would not give any reason for the change. I really feel sorry for the employees. I saw them standing around with nothing to do. I'm sure some of them are happy to have a slower time of year, but that doesn't help when there are no tips coming in. Sure, some are great at looking busy, but seriously, you would think management would rather keep them busy with the locals, than having to let them go because there isn't enough business in the low season. Retraining new employees every year is so expensive for just high season. What a waste of money by the HOA.

Most of the employees at Sandy Point Resorts have 2nd and 3rd jobs during the slow season when their hours get cut.

But Im curious...who was it their that informed you of this new "rule" ? Never been turned away away from any of their resorts...long as were buying.

DC

BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Decompression
Originally Posted by SnowWhite5080

Most of the employees at Sandy Point Resorts have 2nd and 3rd jobs during the slow season when their hours get cut.

But Im curious...who was it their that informed you of this new "rule" ? Never been turned away away from any of their resorts...long as were buying.

DC

I didn't ask for his name, he was at the front desk on Monday around 11:30am. I explained that we were going to be purchasing food and drinks and wanted to enjoy the pool at the same time. He informed us that we could purchase food and drinks but, no use of the pool was allowed even if we were purchasing items. We just left and ended up at Captain Morgan's.

BZ4me #505475 06/24/15 03:06 PM
D
D
Wow...
My guess, one of the influential owners might have complained. CC Beach has a few extremely rich owners that like to throw their weight around.
Sad.

DC

BZ4me #505483 06/24/15 09:37 PM
We were told no locals 2 or 3 years ago by CCB. They said it was an HOA rule.
We've stuck with Las Terrazas ever since.

Joanna
JoPop #505518 06/26/15 12:28 PM
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JoPop
We were told no locals 2 or 3 years ago by CCB. They said it was an HOA rule.
We've stuck with Las Terrazas ever since.

Thanks you so much. I haven't been there because I thought it was off the list for locals. I'll start heading there. Thanks for the information. Are there other private properties that will allow locals to use their pools and enjoy their food and drinks?

BZ4me #505602 07/01/15 10:14 AM
Las Terrazas, White Sands Resort, & Rojo Lounge. I have heard people say Captain Morgans but have never been myself.

Joanna
JoPop #505603 07/01/15 10:57 AM
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JoPop
Las Terrazas, White Sands Resort, & Rojo Lounge. I have heard people say Captain Morgans but have never been myself.

Wonderful news!!!!! I'll be sure to check them all out. I was taken to Captain Morgans by a dear friend and had a lovely time. The staff was top notch.

I posted on my FB page regarding my call from the resort and Mayor Danny even commented. I hope he will let me know what he finds out about their beach being private to only owners. Per Stacey (director called me yesterday), it is considered part of the facilities and is not open to the public for use. The public must keep moving, no putting down their own towels on the beach area. Considering the road was extended to their location, I would have thought they would be more open to the cash cows/tourist from other resorts on the island spending their money at their property. No worries, I'll be glad to have my 3 bottle wine fix at Las Terrazas or Captain Morgans. When my visitors come down next time, we'll head to a new watering hole that likes our money.

BZ4me #505620 07/02/15 07:01 AM
Wait, let me get this straight. They claim their beach is private? HAHAHAHAHA...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.