Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#506151 07/26/15 04:27 PM
OP Offline
I want to buy 2 local paintings that are 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall of beach scenery. I would really like to find a good local artist who could paint pictures of the old BC's Bar & Grill in this size to bring back a lot of fond memories! If you have information or know of a good local artist that could do this please leave information here or PM me. I'm sure one of you that has lived here for umpteen years know a good artist. Thanks for any help or information you can provide!

A
A
Talk to Jerry at the Art Gallery of San Pedro. He is connected to the island's artistic community as well as many artists on the mainland.

OP Offline
I have been to the Art Gallery & I somehow suspect that Jerry would not want to give me a list of his artist. I could be wrong, but I'm sure he would be happy to sell me a painting! grin

Papo does remarkable paintings of Ambergris Caye's iconic scenes. He can work from a photo.
I believe he has a studio on west side of Middle Street, near Greenhouse.

C
C
Man at Work paints very realistic scenes of San Pedro. He plays at Carlos and Earnie's bar by the airport on Sundays

OP Offline
Caye Time, I have talked to Man at Work & so far has failed to produce any paintings, not sure why.

Diane Campbell, I will check on Papo. I know you well & have had many beer's with you at BC's. Oh, the memories! I am related to M&M. I'm sure an intelligent & beautiful Canadian girl such as you can figure it out! But you bring up a point, I do not have a picture of BC's from the front or ocean view. Is it possible for Papo to do it from memory?

If there is anyone else that knows a local painter, please let your finger's walk across the keyboard with a name & information. Thanks for everyone's help, I do appreciate it. grin

OP Offline
I went with Diane Campbells suggestion & had Papo paint one from a picture I found of BC's. It turned out great, thank you Diane!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sammy So-So; 08/21/15 04:41 PM.
Wow, what a great painting. And what an iconic spot.

PS.... Im not canadian. Musta been the other me.

OP Offline
Yes, I did confuse you with another Diane, sorry! I got the picture from SanPedroScoop & it was taken by Marie Chestnut in 2005. It was a good picture & Papo did a great job of capturing it on canvas! Thank you for recommending Papo!

Last edited by Sammy So-So; 08/22/15 05:24 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.