Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#506970 08/28/15 08:03 AM
OP Offline
For those of you on the ACMB who are not Facebook friends with some of us and did not know but Heaven gained a great person yesterday in that of (KCJayhawk) Colin Gage. He is survived by his loving wife Laura, a brother, two sisters and not to mention countless friends in San Pedro and in the US. Colin had a huge love of San Pedro town in that for the time that I was lucky to know him, I don't think he vacationed anywhere else. Arrangements are unknown at this time but I would like to ask for those of you who knew KCJayhawk to please share a funny story here. I know that the big guy wouldn't stand for any of us to sit and cry as that wasn't how he rolled. I do find solace knowing that he is no longer hurting and that he and Drummer Dan are sitting around laughing and waiting on us. I am going to miss you my friend, I promise to keep an eye on the smoker for you even if they are Kansas City ribs.

Last edited by carbunkletrumpet; 08/28/15 08:04 AM.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Thank you for this, Robo! He will be missed like no other. He credits Marty and this ACMB for being the catalyst for some of the best days of his life.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Bunkie you write good! KC Big Guy was loved and cared for by all. He is enjoying all the ACMB people, and our Belize friends that have passed to the other side. Love a man that cooks. Much love to Laura, sending prayers for her to stand strong. To all the gals that KC loved, which are many.

Dare To Deviate
Thank you, Carbunkle, for posting this. Funny you should ask us to post a "funny". I woke up this morning thinking about a funny that happened the time before this last time we were in San Pedro. We were at Lola's and Colin and I were having a conversation. He said to me "everyone is saying I look good." I said, "ya, they're saying that to me, too." He said "well of course they're saying that to you, gosh." I said, "they're telling ME that YOU look good, silly!" I seriously have never laughed so hard and will never forget that conversation...

He was one of funniest people I knew and by far one of the smartest. Our ACMB family has experienced a huge loss. :-(

REST IN PEACE K C JAYHAWK

He never let the side down. He was funny, smart, talented and was, in fact, truly worthy of the love of his beautiful wife, Laura. Our last conversation was a week ago on Facebook. He had to explain the meaning of 'emerson biggins' to me. I'm going to miss him.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

Sending my condolences to all of you who were like family to Colin and Laura. He passed with grace and dignity.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
I only met the Colin and Laura once. I was engaged, laughing, deep in thought provoking discussions. He will be missed by anyone who ever met him once, I'm sure.

Just think of the party we will all have once we are on the other side. There will be a BCs, Estels (Paisano ;-) ) and other great meeting places with all of those smiling faces. May peace be with us all.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Rest at peace, young man! We can only hope to live up to your legacy. Funny story? Hmmmm......try this one. First time I met him face-to-face was at BC's (who knows what year, but it has been a long time). I arrived in SP a couple of days after many others. I saw him walking stumbling up the beach with McGhee, laughing up a storm. When they saw me they yelled out -- "You're almost too late. We just came back from Caulker and drank the island dry. BC's is next!" smile Mission almost accomplished.....

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Colin was way to young. We shared many a beer and listened to many a song. I'm sure he is listening to music right now. The first time we met some 8 years ago was at BC's (go figure). We had setup a meeting by PM but did not know what each other looked like. The bar is about half full and he walks in looking around and I take a guess and say "KC saved a stool for you". He says "how did you know it was me?" " there aren't many pictures of me around". I said " hell man you look like a Jayhawk" and he responded " and you look like ARIZONA!". Rest in peace my friend. Laura, beautiful lady, all of my sympathy, love and hugs to you. He is no longer in pain and resting on a cloud.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.