Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is the Southwest counter at the Philip Goldson International Airport.

[Linked Image]

G
G
A great move on the part of Southwest, however I think they should have done a bit more research before setting their schedules. The only flight during the week from Houston to Belize City arrives late in the afternoon. It will be a push to get through customs, and get to the water taxis before the last ones depart if you are traveling on to Ambergris or Caye Caulker. There is an earlier arrival on Saturday. United has already reduced fares to compete with SWA.

I'm staying (this week) with friends in the foothills of Northern California. Because Southwest is now flying to Belize they are making reservations to come in January. Great fares posted and they can use their SW credits.
The more (airlines) the merrier (tourists).
Due to the late arrival time I guess they will just have to fly over. Maybe Tropic would make some kind of deal for these late arriving passengers???

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
For years I have flown in on United and never arrived before 3 PM and have been as late as 4 pm. Trop Air has always gotten me to Ambergris no matter how late. So SW arriving at 3:05 PM is not a problem if you fly over.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
That's correct; Tropic Air is well aware of arrival times of the major airlines and they "make it work". I had a terrible delay with United once and missed my flight with Tropic Air. I knew that the next flight to AC was full.. No problem... I think they added another flight. I really like the way the operate even if they land upside down on rare occasions.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
I heard that Southwest was not flying to Belize after January........anybody know differently?

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
well, I just booked a "dummy" flight for February.......

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.