Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
La Isla Carinosa Academy set to open on September 14th. Congratulations to the new school for making history on Caye Caulker.

GRAND OPENING - Monday, September 14, 2015

Two years ago, we submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Education to open a new school on Caye Caulker. On January 2015, we received our license to open our school.

The idea of opening this new school is not only/just a school, anyone can open a school, any one can lead or administrate a school. But, our pledge to the Ministry of Education and to the Caye Caulker community is to establish a school of demonstration, demonstrating excellence with consideration to the environment, climate change, and sustainable development and to develop each student to maintain a positive, intelligent character.

I, Alberto Luis August, with my faculty and staff of LICA, will ensure that each student of LICA receives a quality education which surpasses the expectation of the norm and that of our national standards. My vision of LICA goes beyond that of the average leader. My vision of LICA is to provide a service to our Caye Caulker children which reflects that of international standards.

At this point, I would like to thank the support of the Caye Caulker community and to all parents and guardians entrusting their child/ren into our care. We honor you for your confidence in us and we can assure you that you will have no regrets. Your child/ren will be physically and emotionally safe and healthy, as well, they will receive the finest education this country can offer.

At each meeting, session, training, and conference I conduct/attend, I reiterate that I will create the best school in the nation of Belize. The first day of this commitment rests in the very near future, a week from now.

Over the next few months ahead and in the first year of school, we will transform our LICA school into an environment that reflects those of the highest standards, we beg your patience and consideration.

On Monday, September 14, 2015, we commence our first day and we extend a warm welcome to you to visit our institution on this very first day.

Our doors will be open.
You are most welcome!

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

La Isla Cari�osa Academy inaugurated on Caye Caulker

The long awaited grand opening of "La Isla Cari�osa Academy" (LICA) on Caye Caulker took place on Monday, September 14th after several months of preparation. The concept of the school was developed by Caye Caulker's very own Dr. Alberto Luis August, who initiated the project.

Currently the school only has classrooms up to standard five, but in the upcoming year, we will have a standard six classroom. Each one is fully tiled with air conditioning and indoor bathroom facilities. The maximum number of students per classroom is 15, and we have highly qualified teachers, all with a degree in education," said Vice Principle August. The school is focused on positive initiatives by providing an environment where children will feel welcome from the moment they step on the school grounds, until they leave for home. She stressed that their disciplinary measures are all positive reinforcements in order to shape the future generation in a successful, productive manner.

August stated that there are many plans to keep expanding the facilities and the compound. "In the next couple of months, we want to transform our school grounds to make it look similar to a resort when you step in. The project will not just stay as it is; we will continue building and continue working together," said August.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day