Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: John McAfee [Re: tahunt] #507461
09/14/15 05:09 PM
09/14/15 05:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,239
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
.
Diane Campbell  Offline
Originally Posted by tahunt
Geez no reason to highlight the DUI and gun possession. The press really makes him look like a criminal with that statement. He lives in Tenn. where its legal to carry a firearm as long as you aren't impaired. He wasn't drinking and driving, he had taken Xanax prescribed by his doctor. If people didn't take Xanax and drive these days there would be way too many road rage accidents. You can only believe about 10% of what is written in an article to be factual. The other 90% is so spun out of proportion just to get folks talking about it. I guess it worked here !


OMG. Idiot alert.

Re: John McAfee [Re: cm815] #507462
09/14/15 05:41 PM
09/14/15 05:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 141
Texas
T
tahunt Offline
.
tahunt  Offline
T
Diane... I have frequently read your posts and thought you were level headed and respected your posts here. Apparently all you can do is be childish and resort to name calling, so be it. If you wish to call me names do it in a private message and I will be glad to respond. This isn't the place for it.

Re: John McAfee [Re: tahunt] #507463
09/14/15 05:47 PM
09/14/15 05:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,000
SW, MA / SW, FL
R
ragman Offline
.
ragman  Offline
R
Originally Posted by tahunt
Geez no reason to highlight the DUI and gun possession. The press really makes him look like a criminal with that statement. He lives in Tenn. where its legal to carry a firearm as long as you aren't impaired. He wasn't drinking and driving, he had taken Xanax prescribed by his doctor. If people didn't take Xanax and drive these days there would be way too many road rage accidents. You can only believe about 10% of what is written in an article to be factual. The other 90% is so spun out of proportion just to get folks talking about it. I guess it worked here !


The reason for the highlights you question are due to similar problems in these areas while in Belize, both on the Island and at his mainland home. No mention was made of alcohol and to the best of my knowledge and memory Mr. McAfee doesn't drink alcohol, however it is illegal to drive in most jurisdictions under the influence of drugs--even those prescribed to you by a physician. It is illegal to drive under the influence of ANY medication if it interferes with the safe operation of your motor vehicle. Now it is up to the Tennessee authorities to sort it out depending on the circumstances. Another thing is that in most States if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs and you are carrying a licensed gun you are in violation of the laws.

Now I suppose if he feels the Tennessee authorities are out for him he can escape to another State or Country. It shouldn't be too difficult for him because he has experience. Good luck.


Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Re: John McAfee [Re: tahunt] #507464
09/14/15 06:34 PM
09/14/15 06:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 166
Ontario,Canada
W
Welland Offline
.
Welland  Offline
W
Originally Posted by tahunt
Diane... I have frequently read your posts and thought you were level headed and respected your posts here. Apparently all you can do is be childish and resort to name calling, so be it. If you wish to call me names do it in a private message and I will be glad to respond. This isn't the place for it.


Well said!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 125 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,555
Posts491,273
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021



AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1