Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50785
04/22/02 09:54 AM
04/22/02 09:54 AM
Sacramento, CA, USA
N
Nurk Offline

Nurk  Offline
N
We went to the Blue Hole with a family that was staying at Ramon's. They weren't impressed....they didn't even have kitchen facilities. This island is so small, that unless you go way north or way south, you're going to be in and among people. So sorry to hear about your experience in Brazil...how horrible that must have been(and still must be). Just wanted to give you some feedback about Ramons. I rode my bike through it a bit....it is pretty. Thatched cabanas....but, again, not fully equiped like lots of places are. Nurk

Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50786
04/22/02 10:02 AM
04/22/02 10:02 AM
Stamford, CT, USA
D
Denisse Aponte Offline OP

Denisse Aponte  Offline OP
D
Thanks Nurk for your sympathy and your reply...we are not planning on doing any cooking AT ALL, I cook every day at home -dinner- after working all day at the office and when I take a vacation the last thing I want to see is a kitchen, a laundry room and a computer desk.

Denisse

Caribe
Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50787
04/22/02 10:16 AM
04/22/02 10:16 AM
Sacramento, CA, USA
N
Nurk Offline

Nurk  Offline
N
Hi again....I totally understand your need to get totally away =^) I don't really cook much at home, so for me it's a fun thing to do when I'm away...and having a coffeemaker is definately REQUIRED!! LOL Hope you have a wonderful trip in paradise! It was beautiful....we hope to return soon. Take care....Nurk

Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50788
04/22/02 10:31 AM
04/22/02 10:31 AM
Oklahoma City
B
beachgirl Offline

beachgirl  Offline
B
We checked out Ramon's while on AC and thought it to be a bit pricey and way too touristy for my taste. We stayed south of town and felt very safe walking home after dark from eating in town. I notice the "tourist police" hang out mainly in the beach area closest to town. We were told by the waiter at the Jerk Pit that since that is the area where the late night action is, the police are there to proctect against the drunken tourists getting "taken" as they leave the bars.
The boutique at Ramon's is REALLY pricey. I purchased a print by a local artist from a little shop on Middle Street for $12US and Ramon's was selling the exact print for $25.

Since this was our first stay, we took time to check out other lodging for future reference.
Wherever you stay you will love AC.

Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50789
04/22/02 10:32 AM
04/22/02 10:32 AM
J
jsbfan Offline

jsbfan  Offline
J
I have been to AC five times in the last year. The first trip we stayed at Ramon's and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have coffee ready in the restaurant at about 6 a.m. and you can stagger over, get a cup, then go back to your room to enjoy. The restaurant and bar staff are friendly and the pool/palapa/pier area is great.

Have fun and don't even think about cooking while on vacation!

Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50790
04/23/02 08:58 AM
04/23/02 08:58 AM
Stamford, CT, USA
D

D
THANK YOU ALL!!!!! thanks for all the great information and warnings. We have got new scuba gear, have read every book out there about Belize and we packed our bags last night...we are all ready to go to paradise.
We are leaving this Saturday 4/27/02 and I am counting the hours left. I have no doubt we will have a marvelous time.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!
Denisse

Caribe
Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50791
04/23/02 03:36 PM
04/23/02 03:36 PM
Stamford, CT, USA
D

D
One last question before we leave....someone here in this page made a very brief comment about the Blue Hole Dive Center as a choice for diving in Belize, does anyone have had an experience with them or can anyone tell me a little be more about this dive center?

I know, I am a real pain in the behind...

Caribe
Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50792
04/23/02 04:05 PM
04/23/02 04:05 PM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
Blue Hole Dive Centre is a middleman.

If you want to onestop shop, Blue Hole can take care of arranging all of your dives, any training, and any tours that you would like.

Blue Hole doesn't have it's own boats, it contracts out.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50793
04/24/02 08:10 AM
04/24/02 08:10 AM
Stamford, CT, USA
D

D
We contacted Amigos Del Mar, for we heard from all of you guys how great they are, but there is one problem, we want to do the overnight dive trip (lighthouse reef, half moon caye, etc...)and Amigos doesn't do the overnight trip, who can we go with then?

Caribe
Re: About hotels and dive shops in Ambergris #50794
04/24/02 08:11 AM
04/24/02 08:11 AM
Stamford, CT, USA
D

D
Help me out Seashell...

Caribe
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (elbert, Dan King), 273 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,393
Posts475,955
Members19,467
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.