Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: October 19, 2015

General Situation:
Belize NMS: We're still in the middle of the action this morning.... This storm is not moving much no matter what they say. We can continue to expect showers and conditions similar to those affecting the country now for the next few days with improvement showing until Thursday. Broad low pressure area over SE Mexico maintains very moist and unstable conditions over Belize...
Advisories: **Small craft caution for gusty winds and locally rough seas near heavy showers and thunderstorms**
24-hour forecast: Cloudy to overcast with frequent showers or periods of light rain, along with a few thunderstorms over central and northern coastal areas and over northern districts. A few showers or thunderstorms will develop elsewhere.
Winds: East 10-20 knots, becoming gusty near showers and thunderstorms.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: East 5-5 kts; seas: Choppy; waves: 3-4 ft; frequent showers, thunderstorms or periods of light rain over northern areas.
Tomorrow: Winds: E-SE 10-20 kts; seas: Moderate; waves: 4-5 ft; some showers, thunderstorms or periods of light rain.
Marine Outlook: (Tuesday night) Winds: E-SE 10-20 kts; seas: Moderate; waves: 4-5 ft; some showers, thunderstorms or periods of light rain.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 85
General Outlook: (Tue & Tue night) Cloudy with some showers, thunderstorms or periods of light rain over most areas.

Tropical Weather Outlook: An area of low pressure located inland over the Isthmus of Tehuantepec is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. The system is likely to remain over land and therefore it is not expected to develop any further.

Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 28° C
82° F
25° C
77° F
Inland 30° C
86° F
23° C
73° F
Hills 25° C
77° F
21° C
70° F
TIDES:
Low - 8:34 AM High - 2:38 PM
Low - 7:16 PM High - 2:09 AM (TUE)
Sunrise - 5:47 AM Moonrise - 11:16 AM
Sunset - 5:28 PM Moonset - 10:53 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed local weather data

Long loud and bright electrical storm around 3:30 this morning. It lasted about an hour. Power went out briefly during storm.
Socked in again today. Solid gray, more rain. I have standing water in places in my yard that have not been flooded in the 23 years I've lived here.
Not sure how the new road is in our area, because I have no inclination to wade through the Mata Grande River to check it out. If any intrepid travelers inform me I will let you know ....

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning we have record breaking flooding and more rain coming.
Advisories: **Small craft caution for gusty winds and locally rough seas near heavy showers and thunderstorms**
The expected high is 82.
An odd thing I do several times a year is get in my boat and travel to work so I can tell people it's not safe to get in a boat today.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan...

The north continues to get a deluge of rain, fortunately most is off shore, but from Belize City to Corozal are being effected, some rain being very heavy. This whole area is not moving much. There is a lot of thunder & lightning in that lot just off shore, very little actually above land. It looks as if that high swell-up cloud and rain are going to hang around for most or all of the day, probably into Tue. The storm people have abandoned that possible storm area in the Gulf as I said. To me, the low pressure centre is in that black cloud area, that is why it is dropping so much rain, and the clashing with the Caribbean ESE wind.

Looks like today will generally continue as it is presently, that is overcast in most parts, with the chance of some rain in any part of Belize, and a high probability of rain, some very heavy, in the north and north east of Belize.

Temperatures in Belmopan:
Today is probably going to be Similar, to yesterday : Sun, max 28°C 83°F Last night min 24°C 76°F ( Coast usually cooler, hills even cooler )

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

There is a sort of upper clockwise rotation around this wet area to the NE of Belize. That is to say, there is high level winds from the Pacific over Mexico, towards Florida, as typical, and some of that high level then turns and comes down towards Panama, this forming a high level tendency for clockwise rotation. Mean while, the Caribbean winds are pushing up from the SE towards Cuba and the Yucatan, being joined by cool air from the USA, from Florida, down towards Mexico and Guatamala, they are therefore tending to form a low level anticlockwise rotation. This has been causing these major swell-ups to the NE of Belize, with significant thunder and lightning. ( Lightning shown by red & yellow dots. )

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The worst of that NE Rain is inching away from Belize very slowly, a new batch of Rain in coming up from the South, as I indicated with the yellow arrow earlier. Presently mainly effecting the mountains, with some in parts of the southern low lands. But it is moving towards Belmopan, and effecting much of Cayo district. Then later probably effecting Belize City and parts of the North later still.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Diane....

Nasty still. Not as rainy right this moment, but it's gray and wet.

Draining

Easement from seaside to inner road in Mata Grande .... Generally the way to get to MG Grocery.

Last year's flooding rain prompted the digging of a trench to drain off water .... It's been cleared out a bit and is slowly reducing the water level on the road and on yards. There is a lot of watef back there so this process is going to take a while .....

It's a great day for frogs and turtles

We did the same today. We dug a ditch from the back of the house to the sea wall and chiseled a hole in the wall. It's visibly receding and land is emerging from the flooded yard. We did this a few years back when the Island got 22 inches of rain in a short period. It works.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 251 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.