Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
L
Very TRUE!

R
R
artisan, sorry for your problems. This is a story that I've heard different variations of several times in the last ten years down here. Unfortunately I have no answers for you, I just hope someone else reading this avoids the same. Single guys with a little money are the common denominator.

I'm not saying don't have a life but please be very, very careful. One guy I know pretty well came close to losing his substantial business in San Pedro and after two years + he is still fighting to get back to normal. It would have taken much longer but he was careful with most of the paperwork. His mistake was putting the manager's name on the checking account. The next thing he knew the manager without other paperwork claimed to own the business. Be very careful with male or female new found friends.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
A
artisan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks ragman,
Ironically this is not the first time, this is the 3rd attempt at breaking me, taking me for everything I've worked for.
The first two were contractors, I thought perhaps I'd have better luck with the women, sadly not so.
They, and I mean the officials too, make the rules up as they go along here.
They just maintain a semblance of a system of law and order, justice is almost never actually put into practice.
On my last trip to court despite having reams of paperwork, I could not get one sheet of evidence in, and barely a word in my defense.
The magistrate examined a chicken-scratch non-notarized note from the landlord saying I had told him he could take the monthly rent money from her.
This was merely a practical measure, she had issued a restraining order to keep me off my own premises under the false allegation of domestic violence.
The Magistrate interpreted this unofficial second hand evidence as my intention to give up my lease on the property I had poured thousands of dollars into?
I was sitting there with the official notarized lease in hand, predating this scribbled note, she dismissed us, would not look at it.
So apparently it is legal to simultaneously lease the same piece of property to two different parties!
It is in San Pedro Court anyway. Go figure!

Last edited by artisan; 11/10/15 11:26 AM.
L
L
So what is her name, just in case I have to come before her!

A
artisan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Not going there Larry, regardless of her behavior, she is in charge!
I am careful enough not to name the criminal involved, definitely not going to name officials.

Last edited by artisan; 11/10/15 06:01 PM.
The sadest part of stories like this is that people are warned - time after time -by a myrid ofpeople - and still go oe the OKEY-DOKE. How many times have we heard - at the end of a sad story - "But she was so nice!"

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
artisan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
So ScubaLady, what's the bottom line of this comment?
Am I to go through the rest of my life without associating with a Belizean?
All the paperwork is in my name, notarized 3 year lease, receipts for all materials and kitchen equipment.
Only the business name registration was in hers as I had picked the name and sent her into BZ city with the money.
I don't want it anyway, I have no desire or inclination to be a Middle Eastern chef.
I had the whole island watching me build and promote the place, I have been here 10 years permanently and know everyone on this tiny island.
It's also all documented with pictures of progress, dates and comments on my Facebook time line.
So the entire world has access to the facts, only the court chooses to remain in a vacuum.
BTW, you can read more on tripadvisor, she has made the mistake of bad-mouthing me to the tourists.
She is delusional, she thinks if she convinces enough strangers that I am the bad guy, her fantasy will come true.
This was sadly her only option as the locals all know the truth.
Bad move on her part, thought she was smarter than that!
The Magistrate told her I was the owner of the business and the tripadvisor page, so it's not like she wasn't warned.
Now the entire world can read about her "affections for real estate" scam.
Other than exposing her, what would you have me do?

Last edited by artisan; 11/13/15 12:09 PM.
C
Che Offline
C
Since you asked:

life lessons everyone should know.

1. You should not be seeking legal advice on a message board.

2. You should not be airing your dirty laundry on trip advisor. It's just not professional.

3. If it's your business, YOU have to go to Belmopan and register it and your name should be on all paperwork, not someone who you just met.

4. Most Young women are not interested in old men except for what's in their wallets.

5. Don't ever go to a bar in Thailand

6. Start thinking with the head on your shoulders.

A
artisan Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I originally simply asked and still want to know the name of a good civil suit lawyer, not soliciting amateur advice on a message board.
The other party started the dirty laundry on tripadvisor by complaining to total strangers.
As owner and administrator of the page, it is my right to set the record straight.
The Magistrate confirmed this.
I have learned my lesson with the not-so young woman, gave a head's up to the "little-head thinking" Canadian, she's long gone out of my personal life.
So maybe reiterate this for the Canadian?
P.S. I don't even drink, and never go to Thailand!
Oh, and there is grand larceny taking place here and being ignored completely by the proper venue, so where exactly would you air your message?

Last edited by artisan; 11/13/15 01:22 PM.
C
Che Offline
C
Air your message in your lawyers office. You did not just ask for a good lawyer you started to present your case on this forum and are doing it on Tripadvisor as well. If You have been here 10 years, you should know the major players in the Law profession. Said Musa is still practicing law and is a very good lawyer. Yours is a common tale. Many women make their living doing what was done to you. Here is something you can watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMYLychMXc

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.