* 3 lb. Skirt steak of beef, sliced in strips
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 1/2 pack achiote paste (to taste)
* 4 cloves of garlic
* 1 cup beef broth
* 1 and 1/2 medium onion, sliced
* 3 chipotle peppers in adobo
* 3 bay leaves
* 1 pinch of salt
* 3 red tomatoes
* 4 tablespoons white vinegar
1) In a saucepan with oil, cook the meat with half the onions, half of the garlic cloves and season with salt to taste. Shred the meat with forks when it is cooked.
2) Coarsely dice the tomatoes into medium cubes and the rest of the garlic, simmer in a pot over low heat and cover, for about 15 minutes.
3) Meanwhile we can make the achiote marinade, using a blender liquefy the achiote, garlic, some onions, vinegar, chipotle peppers and beef broth. Blend until thoroughly liquefied.
4) Pour this achiote marinade in the pot. When the tomatoes are thoroughly cooked, mash them and add the remaining chopped onion. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the sauce reduces, then add the meat and bay leaf and season with salt to taste. Simmer 5 more minutes, and that’s it, your arrachera in adobo dish is ready!
Serve on indivdual plates with lettuce and avocado.