* 20 corn tortillas
* 5 lb. pork shoulder or Boston butt cut
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 and 1/4 cup Tomato paste (2x 6 oz cans)
* 5 Guajillo Chiles, seeded and deveined
* 3 tablespoons cumin
* 4-5 sprigs of cilantro, washed and chopped
* 1 finely chopped red onion
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tablespoon oil
* 1/4 cup white vinegar or as needed
1) Prepare the guajillo chiles and the sauce: soak them in hot water for 10 minutes, then remove their seeds and chop coarsely. Blend the chiles with the water they soaked in and the tomato paste and salt.
2) Pour this guajillo-tomato mixture in the roasting pan you are about to use; add the chopped cilantro, and finally put the pork in. We want the level of liquid to read about 2/3 of the height of the meat cut, or more.
3) Cook in the oven, at the temperature setting of 300 °F for 6 hours. After 3 hours open the pan and flip your pieces of meat.
4) Pull the pork pieces out of the pan, and using two forks shred the meat and discard the chunks of fat.
5) Now using a pan over a burner set to Med-high, pour in the oil and the shredded meat. Wait for the meat to heat back up, then gradually ladle the sauce from the roasting pan over the meat: gradually so the shredded meat absorbs the sauce.
6) Heat up your tortillas in the microwave, wrapping them up in cloth.
7) Now we prepare the onions, mixing them with the vinegar and more chopped cilantro, to taste.
Your dish is ready! Serve the tacos by preparing them with some marinated onions... Enjoy your meal!