Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Palapa bar has been mentioned a few times but the lease is up at the end of December when it will be changed into some kind of Tiki bar. Caramba hasn't been mentioned yet.

Damn I'm hungry. Agree with all the above, but Mrs. Otter says Elvi's has the best coconut curry shrimp in the world

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Originally Posted by SimonB
Palapa bar has been mentioned a few times but the lease is up at the end of December when it will be changed into some kind of Tiki bar. Caramba hasn't been mentioned yet.

LOVE Caramba. Can't wait to see what Scott & Jody end up with for their reincarnation..........

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
Great food my daughter lived on the nachos at black orchid. Deveu right on the water was great, road kill burgers, and of course central park for stewed chicken rice and beans dont miss the hot dogs with all the fixings.

Last edited by suecate; 11/20/15 03:26 PM.
E
E
Ok. I'll add a few but with two disclaimers: (1) I am not a fancy eater and (2) I was last on the island in May and you know how things change....

(1) Ray's Big Dog - Great hot dogs

(2) Bella Italia

(3) Mesa Cafe - a little on the eclectic side

(4) The food carts in central park in front of the Catholic church

(5) Obando's Panades (I may be spelling that incorrectly) on one of the corners north of Super Buy - dirt cheap

(6) Any of the Chinese joints - for totally non-authentic food

(7) Planet Pizza - you can even get it by the slice

(8) Another vote for Marbucks (especially because they have non-dairy additives for their coffee)

(9) On Saturdays look for the barbecue joints around San Pedro. Phenomenal. The guy in front of Caye Mart is really good.

A
A
Excellent suggestions made thus far. After reading Tacogirls review of the Truck Stop on her blog, I would also suggest that (about a mile north of the bridge on the lagoon side) for interesting variety and food options with a food truck theme.

Where are you staying? We find logistics to play a part in where we eat and when. We realy enjoyed Black Orchid but we were willing to drive 7 miles by golf cart to get there due to fabulous reviews. We were not dissapointed! We always rent a golf cart, frequently stay 3.5 miles north of the Boca Del Rio bridge, and really like to try new places. We have to do Estel's but unlike others, we like lunch.

ETA: Palapa won't have pulled pork anymore? The Horror.

Last edited by Agavegirl; 11/21/15 10:37 PM. Reason: added comment
S
S
Ray's Big Dog is gone.

A
A
It's been a year so I suspect many options are off the table.

Awwwww, yes Ray's Big Dogs.....Loved that place.....Miss it bunches.....Agavegirl we enjoy it when you join us and thank you for the mention...... we'll also be heading to the Truck Stop soon, it's a bit North for us but knowing the people who are involved in that project, I'm sure it will be worth it..... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
I went to Truck Stop yesterday...It's awesome, gona be a big hit!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.