* 2 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
* 1 lb. Mexican Style Chorizo Sausages
* 1 Bell pepper
* 1 onion
* Chicken Bouillon
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* Ground black pepper and salt
* 2 cloves garlic
* Olive oil
* 1 red tomato
* 1 bunch Green onions
* Sharp white cheese
* 2 Potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
* Refried beans, seasoned
* Some onions, marinated in vinegar and cilantro
* Corn Tortillas
1) We start making this choripollo, we slice the chicken in half inch strips, peeling the skin and making a few cuts in the flesh. Season the chicken parts with pepper, cumin, chicken broth and a little salt.
2) Cut the tomato and dice the onion; separately slice the green onions in 1/2 inch sections. Pour some olive oil in a pan and heat it up, then, at medium setting fry the onion bits until brown, but careful not to burn them. Once the onions are browned add the diced tomato.
3) Press in the garlic and simmer everything together for 1 minute. Now place the seasoned chicken parts to start cooking them, making them simmer about 30 minutes or so, until cooked.
4) Once the chicken is almost cooked add the sliced chorizo sausages, potato cubes and vegetables (bell pepper, green onions, onions and a sprig of basil) and simmer over medium low heat setting, so that the taste of sausage and vegetables mix together, or more or less 20 minutes.
It is the combination of sausages with vegetables and seasonings that will give the tender chicken its special taste which you now pour on a plate, ladle some refried beens and rice on the side; sprinkle some crumbled cheese over the refried beans, more cheese over the Chori-Pollo and some marinated onions (if desired).