Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50953 05/13/02 05:30 PM
U
Umpara Offline OP
OP Offline
U
kenny and I would like to thank you guys for all of your great info re: ambergris. we have decided to stay at Victoria House. The only last decision is August or Nov. the weather reports say Sept. has less rain, but nov. may get chilly. has anyone been down there on those months. which do you prefer? one last thing, i am not a good flyer, and the flight from florida will be hard enough (xanax & 151)!!! lol. what about this "little" plane from belize to san pedro. i'm scared!!! is the ferry a pain? anyway, any info will be appreciated! p.s. the posts on addicted to dc are too funny! remember: "ladies and gents take my advice, pull down your pants & slide on the ice" [Linked Image]

#50954 05/13/02 05:58 PM
Umpara, September and November are during hurricane season. I think that would be your only major problem traveling during that time. I was there in early December and the weather was great - not cold at all and the rain didn't go on for ever when it did rain.You will be traveling in low season so the prices of hotels are much cheaper too.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#50955 05/13/02 06:49 PM
It's September and October that is a more likely hurricane season. The later in November it is less likely. I not a professional...but i don't think it skips a month???? C

#50956 05/13/02 06:56 PM
R&C - yep - October seems to be the most popular month for Hurricanes lately.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#50957 05/13/02 07:16 PM
S
S
Whoever told you September in Belize is "chilly" must have been hallucinating, thinking they were in Belize when they were really somewhere up north. It's been known to happen!
I have not been there in September but the general consensus is that is probably the worst month to go, due to (1) hot; (2) days with no breeze at all; (3) unfriendly flying critters; (4) rain rain rain; and (5) possible hurricanes. October is supposedly not such a hot time either.
I have been to Belize over Thanksgiving and had great weather. Still technically the rainy season but tapering off quite a bit...usually (tropical weather is NEVER predictable). I'd say the second half of November is a pretty good bet for at least some nice sunny days...SO if your choice is between September and November, definitely go for November!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#50958 05/14/02 08:01 AM
B
B
Umpara, you and me kid when it comes to the hatred of flying. But don't worry about the flight from Goldson to AC. Both ways we were on a little twelve-seater and survived with "flying colors". Hopefully, you will be so mesmerized by the beautiful blue water below and the outlying Cayes that you will forget about being in a small plane. I was totally surprised when it only took 20 minutes (and felt like 10!) Watch the carry-ons, though. The seats are narrow and the aisle is only about 6" wide. Have them load everything but your purse. Have a wonderful trip!

#50959 05/14/02 12:42 PM
Umpara:

I ONLY go in Nov. No problems yet.....

Great weather. Wherever you heard chilly - someone is pulling your leg - or they are from, possibly hell. [Linked Image] Weather is super - HOT in the day, great sunning weather, and warm at night.

Enjoy! VH is beautiful.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.