Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Francie Offline OP
OP Offline
We are a family consisting of parents, two small children (3 years and 10 months) and grandparents (mid 60's). What's the easiest way to get from Belize City to Caye Caulker: boat or plane? We will have lots of luggage :-)

Thank you for your advice!

Both are easy. Depends on how much money you want to spend. Round trip air is upwards of $150 US per person. The water taxi round trip is about $50 BZ per person. You will need to take a taxi from BZE to Water Taxi and that is $25 US each way (not per person). Both options have merit. Flight is 15 minutes. Boat is 1 hr.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Boat from Belize City can be dicey depending on your time of arrival. If your international flight is late you might miss the boat and that is not a good way to start your trip.

M
M
If you're travelling from the International airport to CC, I'd say the easiest way is by domestic flight from the International airport -- get off the international flight, go through Immigration & Customs, and walk a few metres to check-in for a domestic flight. Check the websites of Tropic Air and Maya Island Air for schedules & fares.

If you choose the water taxi, six people will need two taxi sedans, but look around for a taxi van which should be big enough for everyone.

Another option is Tropic Ferry. Tropic Ferry is more of a private service that has to be arranged in advance. Passengers are met at the airport, driven in a private a/c vehicle to the boat (a 3 minute drive to a marina located across the highway from the airport), and transported directly to destinations on Ambergris Caye. The price is higher than a public water taxi.
http://www.tropicferry.com/

Last edited by MisterB266; 12/09/15 08:23 AM.
!looking at the number of people in your party I would suggest you all taxi to the muni airport in Belize city. The airfare from there is half the price as it is from the inter International.
But do make reservations. I prefer Tropic Air but Maya is also available.

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 12/09/15 10:07 AM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Francie Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow, great insight. I can't say that it makes this decision any easier! It seems like it's half a dozen of one, 6 of the other. But thank you all for your opinions.

Opinions are like....................................................................................................................................................
belly buttons! smile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.